Proposal: RNH for Carter

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
The standings are the way they are because of Jonathan Quick.

LA won't sell off quietly one of the best true 2C's in the NHL for a player who is definitely not a "Darryl Sutter" player.

Every coach he has had has loved nuge and played the crap out of him. Add to that the fact that Nuge played junior in Red Deer and thus is well known by the Sutter family I would imagine he would have a longer rope with Darryl than most.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Every coach he has had has loved nuge and played the crap out of him. Add to that the fact that Nuge played junior in Red Deer and thus is well known by the Sutter family I would imagine he would have a longer rope with Darryl than most.

You need your big boy pants on to play sutter hockey, Nuge is just a bit lightweight, all the skill in the world, just not enough weight on his frame. I'd love to add the skill of nuge to our roster, just not at the expense of carter or the cap hit.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
You need your big boy pants on to play sutter hockey, Nuge is just a bit lightweight, all the skill in the world, just not enough weight on his frame. I'd love to add the skill of nuge to our roster, just not at the expense of carter or the cap hit.

I don't really like the trade proposal as a whole but I think saying nuge is too soft for Sutter hockey is a stretch. He is a smaller guy but he does play fairly gritty for his size. Eberle on the other hand...

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Are you new? Check out the first two pages and any thread involving RNH was started by fans of other teams not Oilers.
Not what I'm seeing on RNH for ... or Value of: RNH. I see them started by Edmonton fans or at least posters calling Canada their home country. What he currently brings to both the ice and the payroll ledger few, if any, fans here covet RNH. At least based on the overwhelming feedback I read in RNH-centric threads from the "other" fans. I'm seeing the same trend that cadillaccts is seeing. Pretty sure I'm not new to the board.

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
Not what I'm seeing on RNH for ... or Value of: RNH. I see them started by Edmonton fans or at least posters calling Canada their home country. What he currently brings to both the ice and the payroll ledger few, if any, fans here covet RNH. At least based on the overwhelming feedback I read in RNH-centric threads from the "other" fans. I'm seeing the same trend that cadillaccts is seeing. Pretty sure I'm not new to the board.

So everyone in Canada cheers for the Oilers that's news to me

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Fans on this board fail to realize RNH is a fine player . Everyone and his dog wanted him after his world cup play . Now they think he crap because of his point totals . He is Edmonton best defensive C and is being used in a checking role . If fans took the time to look at his under lying numbers they would see he is playing good hockey . Have to admit he did have a really bad game last week , one of his worst but one game doesn't make or break a player if so everyone should offer the TML whatever they want for Matthews after all his first NHL games a 4 goal game .

The only way RNH will be traded is for cap space when needed or for a PMPPQB in the form a RHD .

Now from LA point of view Carter is the better player today and they don't care if RNH is better next year or in 3 years they are a cup contender today and they stick with the player they know fits in their system . Classic case of you don't fix whats not broken .

Last edited:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
no thanks, mainly bc I don't want to have to buy ANOTHER Carts jersey to keep up with the ones I have

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->