Proposal: RNH ! E.Kane

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yeah sure but he's a big guy who plays physical game. See Richards, Ladd, Backes, countless others. JvR and Kane will be at the top of the worst contacts list by the end of 2022.
I very much doubt that. Please lend me your crystal ball though! I’d love to know the lottery numbers.

Black Kevin

I don't work my ass off
Nov 19, 2019
Raleigh
I very much doubt that. Please lend me your crystal ball though! I’d love to know the lottery numbers.

I don't doubt it at all. I actually thought that his contract wasn't that bad, but man, he hasn't even topped 60 points once in his career. Still paid $7m a year, what is that all about? Heavy guy whose skating will get worse as time goes by, that goes without a saying. I don't see how his contract is movable after a year or two.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Kane is way too edgy for a conservative old guy like Ken Holland

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't doubt it at all. I actually thought that his contract wasn't that bad, but man, he hasn't even topped 60 points once in his career. Still paid $7m a year, what is that all about? Heavy guy whose skating will get worse as time goes by, that goes without a saying. I don't see how his contract is movable after a year or two.
He’s scored 26 points in 34 games.... that’s a 63 point pace.... if you think a defensively responsible (not just responsible, excellent) winger that scores 50-60 points isn’t worth something well I’d love to know who is actually worth something to you.

Black Kevin

I don't work my ass off
Nov 19, 2019
Raleigh
He’s scored 26 points in 34 games.... that’s a 63 point pace.... if you think a defensively responsible (not just responsible, excellent) winger that scores 50-60 points isn’t worth something well I’d love to know who is actually worth something to you.

He's been good this season, but you know - recency bias. Lets see if he can keep it up. Past seasons tell me that he is in fact not a 60+ point winger. He might be this season, but who knows what he'll accomplish during the 20-21 season. 45 points? It isn't a matter of if he's worth $7m today, it's a matter of will he be worth that amount of money in two years, or three years. I don't think he will. Right now he's a 1LW, 3 years from now I predict he'll be a 3LW. Any GM who is dumb enough to trade for him should be fired

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He's been good this season, but you know - recency bias. Lets see if he can keep it up. Past seasons tell me that he is in fact not a 60+ point winger. He might be this season, but who knows what he'll accomplish during the 20-21 season. 45 points? It isn't a matter of if he's worth $7m today, it's a matter of will he be worth that amount of money in two years, or three years. I don't think he will. Right now he's a 1LW, 3 years from now I predict he'll be a 3LW. Any GM who is dumb enough to trade for him should be fired
Why does he go so far down to 45 points? You name all these names but don’t say players like Iginla and Doan.

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
Don't want anything to do with Evander Kane.

The guy would get eaten alive in the Edmonton market.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad