Rmjhl

Dec 13, 2010
haven't seen it in person but have not heard good things. guess it depends what you want to get out of it. don't think you'll be seeing many/any players advancing to high levels out of the league.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
It's brand new and it looks like the level of play is at or below the Northern Pacific Hockey League level.

I wouldn't think its scouted much (if at all), but you could probably play in the ACHA if you do well.

kij

Jan 31, 2016
I played in a showcase out there last summer and was recruited heavily all summer by the 6 member teams. The level of play is about the same as Empire/EHL Elite and you would probably get scouted by many low level ACHA division 2 and 3 teams as well as WSHL teams. If you are from Colorado I would suggest going out of state.

sbkbghockey

Aug 26, 2008
at the ice rink, USA
do any of you guys know about the RMJHL? Is the league worth playing in? Who Scouts it?

I don't know much about the league, it's new with many of the teams part of longtime U18 programs. In general, USA Hockey has been losing a lot of ground in the Western USA in the Tier III jr level to the WSHL (indy now AAU). The RMJHL isn't widely scouted, some local ACHA D2 and D3 teams may look at it but if you're good enough at youth hockey, you wouldn't necessarily spend 1000s on tier III juniors.

From a scouting prospective, I don't like how the league's main site doesn't have any player stats. There's a blank stats page. I also can't find achieved stats from last season. It's nice when scouting players to see their progression both eye test and achieved stats. Other Tier III junior leagues have significant player stats available for current and past seasons. I eventually found stats on Aspen Leafs webpage so props to them.

There's some very good pay-to-play/tier III junior hockey teams and some really good leagues that produce a lot of NCAA D3 and top ACHA talent. There's also some very poorly run teams/leagues so it's important to do your homework on teams.

Personally, I find it appalling that teams have these kids pay $1000s but then don't have stats and info on their websites. The goal of the Tier III teams is to help develop players and also help showcase players to higher level junior teams and colleges.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad