RLR WJC Report

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Gumby, Dec 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. Gumby

Gumby Registered User

Home Page:
    Red Line's WJC report is up on USA today....and man, did Schremp ever get toasted!!

2. AJ1982

AJ1982 Registered User

Home Page:
    no surprise there

3. Sam

Sam Registered User

4. Rabid Ranger

Rabid Ranger 2 is better than one

Contract manager

Agreed. I have to admit though, Schremp's rep has taken a pretty fair beating of late. He should have been a lock for the U.S. team.

5. Dave is a killer

Dave is a killer Dave's a Mess

Home Page:
    That's what happens, when you screw over the brass, Woodlief is right, this kid is bad news.

6. leafaholix*

leafaholix* Guest

Wow, Johan Fransson's at #59.

7. Dr_Chimera*

Dr_Chimera* Guest

"Nothing could possibly better illustrate the point Red Line made two months ago when we publicly castigated Schremp and dropped him out of our top 10 rankings. Trust us on this one: this whole incident is not going to help him come Draft Day. It may not wind up hurting him dramatically, but if you have stock in Robbie Schremp this morning, our advice is sell, 'cause that stock ain't on the rise right now."

This is ironic - I thought they always say that they're not in the prediction business.

I guess I caught them on it.

8. X-SHARKIE

X-SHARKIE Registered User

Home Page:
    I love Lisin, Glad to see him get his props.

9. hbk

hbk Registered User Sponsor

Home Page:

I don't think they base their rankings entirely on talent. They look at the whole player and will drop a kid if there are other issues at work.

Not the first time this has happened. When I subscribed I asked what happened in 2001 in their assessment of Hemsky (who was ranked in the late 30's by RLR) and Woodlief admitted he dropped him because he was a soft player. I have to admit in the limited number of times I've seen Hemsky play I've walked away with the belief that RLR was correct in their assessment of his physical play; however (and Kyle admitted this) they didn't properly anticipate how much his talent would compensate his lack of physicality.

Morale of the story is the rankings themselves are not predictions.

10. Sammy*

Sammy* Guest

Not really. They say that all the time that their list is not how they predict how guys will go, but how they would rank them. They also make comments all the time how something or another will hurt (or help)a guys draft position (they think).
    See, it really not that complicated so you didnt really catch them on anything.

11. Dr_Chimera*

Dr_Chimera* Guest

well, they're lowering Schremp obviously because they feel his stock is faling. I think they're contradicting themselves.

12. Epsilon

Epsilon #basta

Actually it sounds like the opposite to me. They lowered Schremp first and are now using the fact that his stock is dropping elsewhere to justify their decision to do so in the face of all the flack they have received from the Schremp boosters.

13. Dr_Chimera*

Dr_Chimera* Guest

They need other events to justify their decision? Sounds like an inferiority complex to me.

14. Epsilon

Epsilon #basta

Not really. They are just using it as a sort of "I told you so" to all the people who accused them of having some sort of personal vendetta against Schremp. Clearly there is more substance behind their ranking than just Woodlief being bitter as many have suggested.

15. Dr_Chimera*

Dr_Chimera* Guest

Yeah - I don't think Woodlief is bitter. But it seems to me that all this 'substance' is mostly behind Schremp's leave of the London Knights and whatever happened with the US hockey program as a result.

I hear that Robbie is playing pretty well this year. So I'm only wondering if they're really watching or if they're just basing this on a supposed attitude problem - which may or may not be true. However I would be more convinced if they said downright what's wrong with his play. If there's nothing, then I'll have problems buying it.

but vendetta is a strong word - I don't know whether that's true. Maybe they can waste less ink on Schremp, unless they discuss his play? Or just cover other players who are less known instead.

16. Sammy*

Sammy* Guest

Scouts view of a player go up & down all the time because of the players attitude , work ethic & character. Like, if you had a supremly talented player who it then became known liked his cocaine, of course it affects scouts view of the guy & justifiably so .
    Thats all RLR is saying, they percieve his attitude is not all that good, so they dont like him & appears as Epsilon says, others may be starting to believe this as well which they believe will affect his draft position.

17. Bluenote13

Bluenote13 Believe In Henke

Home Page:

Schremp toast?

:dunno:

18. Mizral

Mizral Registered User

Tech support
    Home Page:
    Aside from Woodleif's obvious hate for Schremp, it is very aperant his stock is falling like a rock.

Does this remind anyone of the RJ Umberger situation before he was drafted? RJ has never had 'attitude problems' near his name, but he was supposed to be one of the top guys in the 2001 draft, but ended up only being selected at #16 overall.

Could Schremp me something like an Umberger, or an O'Sullivan? It'll be interesting to see where he goes in the draft, and what team takes a gamble on him. I am of the opinion (though I've only see him play once) that he has, very clearly, NHL talents, and from my look of it, I think he'll be a very good NHL'er, better than most of the 2004 class at least (I'm still not impressed with this draft year yet).

19. DR. Holiday

DR. Holiday Guest

Every post you have made has been either posting McKeens list, Hacking on redline or proping up McKeens. Hmmmmm
    McKeens employee perhaps.

20. Evilo

Evilo Registered User

IMO Schremp is a much better player than Umberger.
    I really don't see all the teams picking in the top 10 passing on him.

21. Dr_Chimera*

Dr_Chimera* Guest

Hacking redline? I'm just not big on their words on Schremp. They're ok.

I'm no employee - but if you also want a list of my hobbies and interests, I can send them along to you:)

McKeen's update is more accessible than redline's, while all I see for redline is the freebie article in usa today.. all else they release is too expensive for my budget:(

22. Rabid Ranger

Contract manager

I agree. A team that desperately needs scoring help right away won't pass on Schremp.

23. PanthersRule96

PanthersRule96 Registered User

Student
    Home Page:
    Is Schremp the O'Sullivan of 04? Does anyone think that he could drop to the second round? His stock has fallen drastically with the cut from the roster.

24. Rabid Ranger

Contract manager

The question is, who has his stock dropped with? RLR has been down on him for awhile, I don't know how individual teams feel about him. I doubt he falls into the 2nd round though.

25. Brock

Brock Registered User

Home Page:

I still have Schremp rated second behind Ovechkin.

He is one of the most talented players in the OHL, and a definite case could actually be made for the most talented.

He's not undersized (6'0), he's very strong on the puck and he will actually play rough when needed.

If teams let him fall out of the top 10, then well I guess there is no hope in the game of hockey for talented hockey players who can score.

They did it with Patrick O Sullivan last year (which was an incredible mistake IMO). He IMO, is one of the only guys who rivals Schremp's offensive ability in the OHL. Everytime O Sullivan is on the ice, he creates a scoring chance. He's been absolutely unbelievable this season for Mississauga.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make with Schremp is that to many people are putting stock into what Redline is saying about him and then saying he is going to fall dramatically. Redline is NOT an NHL draft prediction magazine. They are a scouting company and they rank the prospects as if they were drafting them. They clearly put a ton of stock into attitude, which is fine. BUT Redline has stated that even though they dislike Schremp, he is incredibly talented and should go in the top 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.