RLR: Malkin could be No. 1 Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
It took me nearly a day to get through this whole thread. And I think it went completely down the drain after the first few posts.

I will add my input: I do feel Redline is always out there with an agenda to have the ability to SAY in the future that they called it if Malkin became the obvious better player. And why not do it? It'd give them mucho cred. But it makes them look rather outlandish and unprofessional to say that and be so blatant about it. It's not the first time they've touted kids to go high and be amazing (Chistov over Kovalchuk if anyone remembers that crock of crap) and etc. I like reading their stuff for entertainment but I think it's silly to use them as a source for information and such in a situation like this.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Mothra said:
I'm pretty sure you will attempt to deflect all of this....completely ignoring it.....or bring up in some smartass not too clever way how I should have thicker skin....when in fact maybe you should just read more.....understand that there are more than two "camps".....and understand that just because someone doesnt agree with you they arent in that "other" camp....

perhaps two camps was a misuse of words . . . I would re-write it as two schools of thought . . . with various gradations of opinion in each . . . either you think AO is all alone by far or that the gap has closed some . . .

'.....understand that there are more than two "camps".....and understand that just because someone doesnt agree with you they arent in that "other" camp....'

not sure where you are going with this, either you think that there is AO . . . big drop . . . Malkin and everyone else . . . or do not . . .I suppose there is a third school of thought, those who could care less about the issue, but they are of course not posting in these threads.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
^Is this guy for real?

Give me a break. That is CLEARLY Horton with Ovechkin's head pasted on top of his. Look.

This certainly isn't the first time you've tried to spin a bogus rumor into the gospel truth.

Ovechkin was drafted in the 9th round. They don't call players up to the podium at that point in the draft.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Jacobv2 said:
^Is this guy for real?

Give me a break. That is CLEARLY Horton with Ovechkin's head pasted on top of his. Look.

\

:eek: :lol Oh my goodness, you're right! Somebody did a good photoshop job, then. They DID try to draft him though, that's a known fact. Whether or not they called him up doesn't really matter. The point is they tried to draft him when he was NOT eligible.

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
:eek: :lol Oh my goodness, you're right! Somebody did a good photoshop job, then. They DID try to draft him though, that's a known fact. Whether or not they called him up doesn't really matter. The point is they tried to draft him when he was NOT eligible.

No offense but the photoshop job is pretty bad, his head looks to big for his body and the clarity of his face doesnt match the clarity of the picture.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Foppa_Rules said:

Remove the word "good" and replace it with "hack". The second I looked at that I knew it was faked based on the difference between the picture of the head and the picture of the surroundings. About the only thing he could have done to make it more obvious would be to have one of the photos in black and white.

I am Jack's Fish

Flame_Star_Devil said:
Didn't someone try to draft Ovechkin last round with their last pick, stating something about technicalities with age? He was very nearly (like, as in days) away from being legal in last years draft.

The Panthers owner Alan Cohen, a glorified fan with lots of money, insisted that Dudley draft Ovechkin because of a technicality due to age. Ovechkin was born on a leap year date, and Cohen wanted to get a lawyer to rule in the Panthers favor to state that Ovechkin was two days older. (4 leap year days in 16 years equals 2 days...). This brain-storm was hatched earlier in the year and Cohen had a lawyer working on the issue to build the case.

Cohen called Dudley in the Ninth round and insisted that Ovechkin get drafted. Dudley was against the idea all year and actually left the draft floor because he didnt want to be embarassed in front of the NHL. Dudley's jr. assistant Grant Sonier made the eventual pick with Dudley already out of the draft floor.

The NHL told the Panthers he wasn't eligible and they had to have a meeting on the draft floor to discuss it. Ended up that the Panthers wanted it to show they drafted Ovechkin in case the lawyer argued the case and won the ruling, but the Panthers ended up drafting another kid on the spot to get a player.

Needless to say, that is what happens when a glorified fan disguised as a owner gets his hands on a hockey team.

Embarassing hilarity ensues!

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Epsilon said:
Remove the word "good" and replace it with "hack". The second I looked at that I knew it was faked based on the difference between the picture of the head and the picture of the surroundings. About the only thing he could have done to make it more obvious would be to have one of the photos in black and white.
I guess they could have not cropped the picture at all, and just have a full-framed headshot of Ovechkin over Horton's upper half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->