GDT: Rittich-ulousness: Calgary @ Colorado (8PM - Oh look we're finally on HNIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I don't think we ever stood a chance in Columbus. Sometimes you just get completely outplayed. Nothing wrong with that. If anything we should've beat the Wings
Except we did stand a chance. We made it to OT and are one of the best 3 on 3 teams in the league. While we shouldn't have had a chance, we did and lost it on a flub behind the net.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Who are the Rittich haters and what makes them haters as opposed to posters with real questions about a guy that should have a ton of questions around him?

All the guys who are

Again, just because we aren't on our knees for him before his first NHL start, doesn't make us haters. You should really stop using words you clearly don't understand.

Also, not a single real fan would be upset about being wrong about a player playing well.

In shambles.

Reactions: Cyrano

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
So does this mean Bart gets his job back? lol

Good road trip considering lots of brain farts by the defense, Brodie and Hamilton in particular.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Good after hours segment with Ferland, kind of short though but makes sense since they've gotta fly back tonight.

If the Kings lose in regulation we move into 2nd in the division, they're currently losing 1-0 to the Ducks with ~ 5 minutes to play in the 3rd.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
First time this season Flames win without Gaudreau getting a point. Gaudreau has 5 games without a point, in 3 of those games Flames were shut out.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Had to miss almost all of this game, but just watched the condensed game. Looks criminal that Gaudreau didn't get a point with how many times he gave teammates point blank chances.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Didn't watch much of this one. Congrats Backlund and Rittich on their milestone nights. Backlund in particular has become such a key player developed for this team. I hope for the health of the franchise he decides to re-sign for under 6 million. How does this guy not have A?

The only thing that really pisses me off about this group is I know they're capable of much more than being dragged around by Gaudreau and Smith all year. They're is still a lot of room for improvement.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Wish I'd been able to see this one. Hoping we play Rittich against the Leafs just because.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Rittich looked solid, but wasnt tested all that much. Hopefully a sign of more good starts to come from him.
Hope to see more of this moving forward. That was probably the best defensive effort this team has had all season

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I think it helped that we were playing Colorado. If they can do a similar job against a more established team, then it will be noteworthy.
Dallas and the Wings are around their level. Plus the Avs had only lost 1 game at home befire playing us. That kind of defensive play against them will win you games in the NHL more often than not.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
So you've been wrong about

Brouwer
Ferland
Kulak
Versteeg

You're really ready to be wrong about Rittich and Lack too?
I was wrong about Brouwer, yes. I have admitted this before.

Ferland is looking like he will prove me wrong, but a 15 game stretch is not proving someone wrong.

Kulak is still playing sheltered minutes and still being sat for Bartkowski on occasion, but yet, somehow I am wrong because advanced stats and a few posters overrating Kulak say so! :thumbu: That said, Kulak has definitely taken a step forward this year and I am comfortable with him as a regular number six now. Which is not something I ever said he wouldn't be, I have always said his potential is a bottom pairing defenseman.

I never said much about Versteeg as a player except he wasn't overly physical and gives the puck away a decent amount, both of which are very accurate. Most of my opinions of him are on a personal level based on meeting him multiple times, not sure how you can tell me a personal opinion about how someone treated me can be wrong, but you do you.

I never said much about Lack when acquired, but if you don't think the Flames played like shit in front of him, you weren't watching either of his starts.

I also never said a single about how Rittich would play or his abilities, just that I think Gillies is better and I feel he should have been given the opportunity. And that posts like you overrate him (or maybe it is underrating Gillies), but this is something that cannot be proven right or wrong anytime soon.

But continue to try and call people out over literally nothing, all you're going to do is make yourself look like petty.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
But continue to try and call people out over literally nothing, all you're going to do is make yourself look like petty.

Lol, you are the last person that should be lecturing posters about pettiness.

Jury should still be out on Kulak, he looked real bad two games ago when his minutes started getting ratcheted up. Keep them low and he seems alright for now though.

Ferland has performed for more than 15 games on the top line now, I think it's safe to say you were wrong about him too. His shot lately has been a revelation for that line, can't remember the last flame who was able to pot one timers from the top of the circle on an NHL goalie.

Versteeg... Versteeg sucks, don't know why/how he still has defenders.

And finally, Lack. I disagree thoroughly with your assertion that Lack just needed better d in front of him. His rebound control isn't even the same universe as Rittich's, which makes the D look extra porous. Additionally, his glove hand was weak, to put it mildly. To round things out, the guy sinks into his net on first opportunity, which amplifies the poorness of his glove hand. I think the opposite was happening before in his career- some really sound defensive units were masking a lot of his blemishes.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Ferland has performed for more than 15 games on the top line now, I think it's safe to say you were wrong about him too. His shot lately has been a revelation for that line, can't remember the last flame who was able to pot one timers from the top of the circle on an NHL goalie.

Sean Monahan.

Actually scores quite a few goals exactly that way. What was weird about Ferly's goal against Dallas wasn't that a Flame did it, it was that a Flame not named Sean Monahan did it. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->