Rittich to Replace Injured Kuemper in All-Star Game

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Rittich of Flames named NHL All-Star Game replacement

"The Calgary Flames goalie replaces injured Arizona Coyotes goalie Darcy Kuemper on the Pacific Division team.
'This means a lot for me,' Rittich told the Flames website. 'Right now, I can kind of say I'm with the best players in the world in the All-Star Game. It's going to be huge for me and it for sure can help me, for my next steps in my career.'
'I'm just going to enjoy the time and I want to try my best there. I just want to have fun.'

Rittich will play in his first NHL All-Star Game and joins Flames teammates Matthew Tkachuk and Mark Giordano. He is 18-11-5 with a 2.79 goals-against average, .913 save percentage and two shutouts in 34 games this season.
'I'm playing more than I did before and I feel really good about my game," Rittich said. "I know I had a couple of bad games but most parts of games were good and I feel really good. I feel really confident with my play. For sure too, the guys in front of me are doing a really good job and helping me out every time.'"

For the record, this is one of the reasons I like the All-Star Game. It's about showcasing the elite in our game and sometimes honoring the players who are having good years, like Rittich.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->