Speculation: Ristolainen Trade Discussion - The Return

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Which trade did he lose a lottery pick on? It's a serious question. The SJ pick was the Sharks pick between two draft years (both years they made the post-season, right?), and the Blues pick never got pushed due to lottery as they won the cup.
Try asking someone that says he lost a lottery pick.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Try asking someone that says he lost a lottery pick.
The truth is he wasn't schooled on lottery protection as it never came into play. So the question is whether you are referencing something other than the ROR or Kane trade. That was the serious question.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The truth is he wasn't schooled on lottery protection as it never came into play. So the question is whether you are referencing something other than the ROR or Kane trade. That was the serious question.
The clause was in the trade language. Hence he had to learn about it (i.e. was schooled) and can apply that knowledge.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017

I see people tweeting that Lebrun says in this article the Ducks checked in on Risto but the price was too high. Can anyone with a subscription confirm?

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

I see people tweeting that Lebrun says in this article the Ducks checked in on Risto but the price was too high. Can anyone with a subscription confirm?

LeBrun: Why it’s a good time to be shopping for a D-man...
The Ducks, meanwhile, have also checked in on Ristolainen, according to sources. But the price from the Sabres was high. And it probably should be, given that Ristolainen has three more years at a very good cap hit, $5.4 million. The Sabres aren’t going to give the guy away. I would think within two to three weeks of the regular season getting underway, we should have a good idea of how the Ristolainen situation plays out.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Sam steel should not be the center piece of the trade for risto. That’s asking for RoR trade all over again
Trading Risto could never result in a RoR scenario. I put the odds higher that we RoR the other team and not the other way around in any trade involving Risto.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
either Comtois or Kase absolutely get me to the table. If we can find a way to sneak Ritchie out of there too so be it. This team needs more guys like him.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Guys that show up to 20 games a season?
guys above 5'9 and 200 pounds who despite not fighting last year at all have a track record of a mean streak and can pop a few goals...yes the team needs that. Shouldve never traded Foligno away in the first place but that's another narrative.

Shootica

Jan 17, 2013
Utica, NY
For those interested, here's Friedman's full quote on the Risto to Winnipeg situation from his segment with WGR this morning:

"Their chief pro scout, Pete Ratchuk, lives in Buffalo. I don't know if there's a team that has seen Ristolainen more. I think it's something that's on their radar that they'd consider, well it's something that's definitely on their radar, but I don't know if it's going to happen. I think you guys have injuries on your blue line now too which could affect what you have to do. I think they've thought about it, I just don't know if they're in a position where they want to do it right now."

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
For those interested, here's Friedman's full quote on the Risto to Winnipeg situation from his segment with WGR this morning:

"Their chief pro scout, Pete Ratchuk, lives in Buffalo. I don't know if there's a team that has seen Ristolainen more. I think it's something that's on their radar that they'd consider, well it's something that's definitely on their radar, but I don't know if it's going to happen. I think you guys have injuries on your blue line now too which could affect what you have to do. I think they've thought about it, I just don't know if they're in a position where they want to do it right now."

That may be a curse or a benefit...

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

I remember Peter Ratchuk as a player and hoping the Sabres would draft him. Then being glad that they didn't. :laugh: His brother Mike was a good looking prospect too. Glad we didn't draft him too.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->