Risto Siltanen

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Hi...
I'll be quick on this one. I had a friend from Quebec who just made a joke to me concerning Siltanen (he draw a comparison between him and Brisebois...) I looked at his stats, and my... They weren't bad at all. I didn't see him play at all with Quebec (or any team for that matter), and from the few things I heard about him... He was an absolute disaster defensively (a common feat on the '80ies Nordiques, a team that could really have provided challenge to the Islanders, or even the Oilers if they would only been able to ice a better D-Men than, say, Jeff Brown)... So... Anybody can help me with this?

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
Well Risto had his moments lol. He was what I like to call a "chaos" defenseman because he had some holes without the puck. He was a big help to the PP though and had a monster shot (often unable to find the range, I remember big noises off the back boards). He was one of my favorite Oilers while he was here, always enjoyed him as a player.

A similar player from today's NHL would be Marc Andre Bergeron.

WheatiesHockey

Dec 19, 2006
Quite a popular player with the fans in Edmonton during his years there. He really did have an incredibly hard shot from the point. He actually tore the twine in the net on occasion. Edmonton fans loved chanting his name when he was out on the power play.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Well Risto had his moments lol. He was what I like to call a "chaos" defenseman because he had some holes without the puck. He was a big help to the PP though and had a monster shot (often unable to find the range, I remember big noises off the back boards). He was one of my favorite Oilers while he was here, always enjoyed him as a player.

A similar player from today's NHL would be Marc Andre Bergeron.

That awfully makes me think of a smaller, less grittier, but more agile version of Sheldon Souray...

statistics

Dec 29, 2006
Finland
In 1983 World Championships Risto take a few beers (he was totally wasted?). Finnish coach Alpo Suhonen sent him home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->