Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
2nd or 3rd round pick of the Canes last year

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
He has been injured most of the season.

18GP 0+0=0p -2 18pim in HPK SM-Liiga so far.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Korhonen was a projected 1st day selection, but Carolina was fortunate enough to have him fall to the 159th selection last year, so GKJ wasn't that far off. He's a big, sturdy, and nasty defenseman.

For a more accurate comparison, i'd say he's almost like a Nic Wallin in the way he approaches the game. Pardon my comparison to Hurricanes players, but this one really fits the bill in my opinion. He's naturally strong, or "country strong" as we down in here call it, and he has a very strong sense of where to be on the ice in order to make a play.

Granted, what i've been able to see of him has been limited but i've never been impressed with his puck handling ability. I think the scouting report is a little off in this sense. He does make very smart plays in his own end, but he's not an offensive threat really, IMO. I'd say he's one of those players that will play in Europe until he's 25 or 26, and then give the NHL a shot when he's fully matured as a defenseman.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Caniacforever said:
Korhonen was a projected 1st day selection, but Carolina was fortunate enough to have him fall to the 159th selection last year, so GKJ wasn't that far off. He's a big, sturdy, and nasty defenseman.
they're all first day selections now. :propeller

Anyone know how Carolina got Colorado's pick for Korhonen. Everyone drew a blank on him.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
DaveG said:
part of the Boughner trade would be my best guess, I seriously have no idea.
the deal is listed as a 3rd in o4 and Cris Bahen. I even e-mailed the teams to no avail after the draft.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Hasbro said:
they're all first day selections now. :propeller

Anyone know how Carolina got Colorado's pick for Korhonen. Everyone drew a blank on him.

Haha, sorry about that. I totally drew a blank on the whole draft being in one day now. I'm dumb. What I meant by first day was he was projected for the first 3 rounds or higher.

I've got three guesses about the pick. It seems like I knew on draft day. 1. Possible leftover compensation for Ozolinsh? 2. Part of the Boughner deal 3. A swap of this year's pick for a next year pick, but the deal was so small it wasn't mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad