Value of: Risto and or Reinhart

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I'm ready to move on from these two.... Either in separate deals or packaged together..

I'm ready for Tyler Enni...er Connor Sheary to be shipped too.

For me personally I'd like to see Risto and Reinhart moved for somebody that can partner with Dahlin. I'm ok being short up front for the year with the loss of Reinhart ..hopefully one of Nylander or Olaffson can slot in his spot next year. I'll even live with Terrible Tage Thompson staying up even though he doesnt belong on NHL ice.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Risto’s value is at an all time low. Not an optimal time to move him.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
I'd love Sam Reinhart in Ottawa.. we have a ton of young LHDs maybe 1 could be had (your obviously not getting Chabot), also Ceci or maybe Wideman available as RHD.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Risto’s value is at an all time low. Not an optimal time to move him.
Ristolainen has been trending downwards for quite some time. Sometime it's better to move on before the bottom completely falls off.

As for Sam, I wouldn't mind seeing the Avs inquire about him depending on what happens with the Ottawa pick next offseason. If we get a high-end center (Hughes, Turcotte etc) I wouldn't mind getting him for the RW spot on the 2nd line.

PS

Before someone loses their mind on the Risto comment, yes his numbers look good, but then you see him play and how he looks defensively and it gets ugly quickly.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Deal around Nino and Reinhart could be beneficial. Nino is nit playing well, but would fit well with Sabres Top 6 as they need a puck retriever for Eichel, Middlestadt and Skinner. Wild need RH F options. Wild would need small add.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Both players were put on a pedestal for various reasons and can’t live up to expectations. Risto feels like he’s turning into the new Phaneuf. That said, they are both decent players. I’d be more inclined to move Ristolainen because I think you get a better return, and Reinhart is actually quite valuable to the PP.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
As a Sabres fan I'm ready to move them but not for trash offers, Reinhart could burn us badly, I've always said he's going to be a late bloomer and we won't see the best of him until his mid and late 20's but I'm tired of him. Risto could as well with a new team where he'd slot in as a 2nd pair guy and 2nd PP quarterback.

I'd like William Nylander, Risto and Reinhart would help Toronto, but I'd need them to add something.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Pulju + for Reinhart

No more Reinharts!

I'd trade for Risto.. hellz yes. Exactly what we need on the PP and a 2nd paring RHD. Perfect for Edmonton.

Puljujarvi would be the add not the main piece in my opinion.

Some $$$ has to go back because of our terrible cap situation.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
To be honest I'm not at all interested in trading either guy at this point without substantial returns. Not to mention not at all within the division.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
No more Reinharts!

I'd trade for Risto.. hellz yes. Exactly what we need on the PP and a 2nd paring RHD. Perfect for Edmonton.

Puljujarvi would be the add not the main piece in my opinion.

Some $$$ has to go back because of our terrible cap situation.

We would need quite a lot more than a winger who's struggled mightily besides with McDavid.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I'm ready to move on from these two.... Either in separate deals or packaged together..

I'm ready for Tyler Enni...er Connor Sheary to be shipped too.

For me personally I'd like to see Risto and Reinhart moved for somebody that can partner with Dahlin. I'm ok being short up front for the year with the loss of Reinhart ..hopefully one of Nylander or Olaffson can slot in his spot next year. I'll even live with Terrible Tage Thompson staying up even though he doesnt belong on NHL ice.
I am as well.

Morning Dart

Jun 22, 2013
Toronto
As a Sabres fan I'm ready to move them but not for trash offers, Reinhart could burn us badly, I've always said he's going to be a late bloomer and we won't see the best of him until his mid and late 20's but I'm tired of him. Risto could as well with a new team where he'd slot in as a 2nd pair guy and 2nd PP quarterback.

I'd like William Nylander, Risto and Reinhart would help Toronto, but I'd need them to add something.

Something like...

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
PHI: 2019 1st + Robert Hagg + German Rubtsov

BUF: Risto

I may be heavily underselling, but, recently, Ristos defensive play, with BUF, hasn’t been good. Still a ton of potential, but atm, he’s a degraded asset. Buying teams won’t pay the premium you’re looking for. Have to either lower the standards or no deal to be made. I thibk most teams would try the “change of scenery” route to tap his potential.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
First time the Sabres have actually looked decent in the month of October in a very very long time and the knee jerk reactions to a late goal and an OT loss are flying.

Neither of them are playing very well right now, but I like what Botts has done with the roster, and I'm perfectly fine with both of them staying put.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005

I may be underselling, but, recently, Ristos defensive play, with BUF, hasn’t been good. Still a ton of potential, but atm, he’s a degraded asset. I thibk most teams would try the “change of scenery” route to tap his potential.
His contract is excellent and he's a minute eater for the Sabres. No way he gets traded for futures.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ

I may be heavily underselling, but, recently, Ristos defensive play, with BUF, hasn’t been good. Still a ton of potential, but atm, he’s a degraded asset. Buying teams won’t pay the premium you’re looking for. Have to either lower the standards or no deal to be made. I thibk most teams would try the “change of scenery” route to tap his potential.
This is a really respectable offer. I'm more inclined to do something of a 1 for 1 change of scenery hockey deal. But id have difficulty turning this down.

If we're moving Risto (big IF), I think something like this is what it would take.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
His contract is excellent and he's a minute eater for the Sabres. No way he gets traded for futures.
I figured as much. PHI doesn’t really have a “now” player viable for risto. Sanheim may be the closest, but PHi loves him and so do I lol.

I figured that a possible “tank” or shoot for a high draft pick may get you a Dman capable of playing with dahlin. The top 3 picks will likely be forwards. Honka (RHD) and Byram (LHD) can both eat around 17min to start the season next year around the #5 spot in the draft assuming BUf would pick around there. You would have 2 draft picks (anywhere from lottery to 24 with PHI) and that pick could be moved with Reinhart for a good D or F too.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

I'm surprised you would rather target Risto of the two for the Flyers. He absolutely requires PP time to get maximum value out of him and I don't see that as feasible given the logjam.

Reinhart seems like an ideal target if Buffalo were willing to move on for some reason.

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
I figured as much. PHI doesn’t really have a “now” player viable for risto. Sanheim may be the closest, but PHi loves him and so do I lol.

I figured that a possible “tank” or shoot for a high draft pick may get you a Dman capable of playing with dahlin. The top 3 picks will likely be forwards. Honka (RHD) and Byram (LHD) can both eat around 17min to start the season next year around the #5 spot in the draft assuming BUf would pick around there. You would have 2 draft picks (anywhere from lottery to 24 with PHI) and that pick could be moved with Reinhart for a good D or F too.
I would be very surprised if the Sabres pick in the top 5 next year. Also, they have (depending on conditions) 3 first round picks already next year. They are in a more win now mentality than they have had in a long time.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I'm surprised you would rather target Risto of the two for the Flyers. He absolutely requires PP time to get maximum value out of him and I don't see that as feasible given the logjam.

Reinhart seems like an ideal target if Buffalo were willing to move on for some reason.
More or less Risto is a RHD. You can always fix defensive coverage and cycle skills as we’ve seen with Sanheim and Ghost, hence, the change of scenery route. If anything, Flyers Devlipmental and D coaches do see to be good at fixing holes in players games. Not necessarily their execution of it, but that’s a different problem.

This is where I take your point of a logjam.

Rubtsov is a C that can play wing:
C- Couturier, Patrick, Frost, O’Brien (all have higher ceilings and NHL archetype), Vorobyev (can slot in as a B6)

Wing- Farabee, Allison, TK, Lindblom, Ratcliffe, NAK, Twarynski (recently), and maybe another person that stars to play well.

He’s someone that has a good amount of skill, but he may be left in the build. Value of Rubtsov is good as he’s a shutdown player excelling in the defensive aspect, and recently finding his offensive side in the AHL.

Robert Hagg:

D- Provorov, Ghost, Sanheim, Myers, other people like Hogberg and Friedman have been impressive.

In that young list Hagg is #5. He would be a good #5, but we also have a more mobile hitting workhorse in Friedman and possibly Ginning (not as mobile tho).

Not to mention; Friedman, Myers, Gudas are our only RHD possibly playing at the NHL/AHL level. Folin should only be here for 1 year so I don’t really count him.

As with a Reinhart, who would he move down to the 4th line and who would he replace? Our t9 wingers are Giroux, TK, Lindblom, Voracek, Simmonds, JVR, and possibly Laughton. Hakstonian Logic dictatesWeise and Lehtera have a concrete spot in the lineup and Weal has been good. I think moving for a piece that isn’t a need isn’t a good idea.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
More or less Risto is a RHD. You can always fix defensive coverage and cycle skills as we’ve seen with Sanheim and Ghost, hence, the change of scenery route. If anything, Flyers Devlipmental and D coaches do see to be good at fixing holes in players games. Not necessarily their execution of it, but that’s a different problem.

This is where I take your point of a logjam.

Rubtsov is a C that can play wing:
C- Couturier, Patrick, Frost, O’Brien (all have higher ceilings and NHL archetype), Vorobyev (can slot in as a B6)

Wing- Farabee, Allison, TK, Lindblom, Ratcliffe, NAK, Twarynski (recently), and maybe another person that stars to play well.

He’s someone that has a good amount of skill, but he may be left in the build. Value of Rubtsov is good as he’s a shutdown player excelling in the defensive aspect, and recently finding his offensive side in the AHL.

Robert Hagg:

D- Provorov, Ghost, Sanheim, Myers, other people like Hogberg and Friedman have been impressive.

In that young list Hagg is #5. He would be a good #5, but we also have a more mobile hitting workhorse in Friedman and possibly Ginning (not as mobile tho).

Not to mention; Friedman, Myers, Gudas are our only RHD possibly playing at the NHL level.

None of that fixes Risto requiring PP time, though. Let's say you do decide to make room for him there.

I don't think anyone is displacing Gostisbehere from PP1, nor do I want to move Sanheim off of PP2. That means you're sticking to 3F/2D long-term on the 2nd unit. You're also not giving Provorov any PP time, with which I have zero issue, but I'm not sure the org agrees there.

If I'm going to go out and give premium value for a player, I want to maximize his abilities, not hope he can fix his shortcomings and become a completely different player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad