RISERS and FALLERS off World U-18 play?

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by hawksfan50, Apr 21, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. hawksfan50

hawksfan50 Registered User

Biggest Faller? Probably SAMHU PERHONEN --lousey save % --doesn't look like the #1 eurogoalie and first goalie selection possibility he was before this tournamenytt started...

NOW maybe no goalies go in round one--except --maybe the "wildcard" ---MAGNUS HELLBERG who will be 20 years old at the draft and probably most "ready" to compete for an NHL job--though he probably plays 1 more year in Europe before coming over..He now looks like the real #1 eurogoalie (should have been ranked that) and the best NHL draft-eligible goaie for this draft...so maybe he willbe the only goalie going in round one now..

Another FALLER? MARK MCNEILL--Team Canada--wheres his scoring? He doesn't look like a mid-first given his poor offensive performance (so far) in the tournament.

RISERS? WEll IF Brodin is #4 euroskater --Klefbom at #8 euroskater (Central Scouting) looks right up there with him if not higher.....Both could be about mid-first...

JEREMY BOYCE ROTEVALL(LW) --- Central Scouting has him only at #14 euroskater--but he looks like a teens worthy draft pick --consdering his late (Aug) birthdate -the best is yet to come -looks very promising...Could be a bi riser at the draft..

MARK SCHEIFELE (C)--- cements his place ahead of MCNEILL now --and could go 11-15 range ...

FYI: MIKA ZIBANEJAD --putting up the points--BUT: interesting that he is playing LW --not centre for Sweden.... He is also supposed to be good at face-offs but is only 15-12 in the dot so far....So the question is--does he project as an NHL lW or Centre?

The Sweden-Canada game was the first time I have seen him play...He looks dangerous down low and on the wall play and in the strength game taking it to the net --power forward--BUT I did not see anything but very average skating from him
    --SCHEIFELE looks like a lot better skater --so maybe ZIBANEJAD doesn't have the speed to play centre at the net level? Still he probably goes 9-11 in the draft.

2. Rabid Ranger

Rabid Ranger 2 is better than one

Contract manager
    I think Robbie Russo has built his stock back up a bit. Not sure if he's a first round selection, but definately top half of the second round.

3. leoleo3535

leoleo3535 Registered User

Unreal !
    Watch a game or 2.

He has been one of Canada's best forwards thus far......4 points in 4 games....

4. S E P H

S E P H @SEPH_WHL

WHL
    Only if Beaulieu was on this team right hawk50? Would be setting records like no other.

5. JeromeHP

JeromeHP Registered User Sponsor

Home Page:
    from looking at stats or actually watching the game ?

6. SuperSaiyanBeastmode

SuperSaiyanBeastmode Registered User

I saw murphy's highlight reel goal...damn that was sexy haha, and I noticed he really is an elite skater. maybe the islanders take him 5th and streit teaches him to play top pairing min at the nhl level? Who knows. Also I was reading the U18 forum and some people were saying armia is a great passer and has hockey sense(they doubted it before today). wouldn't be surprised if he is picked at around 10(wild)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  7. YEGJuniorFan

YEGJuniorFan Registered User

Malcolm Subban has let a few weak ones in over the last few games...but he is an underager and his defense has not been steller. Murphy had that unreal highlight goal but has been quiet other than that.

8. Tiranis

Tiranis Registered User

Mr. FIDDY only needs to look at stats to know better than everyone else how good the players are.

9. arsmaster*

arsmaster* Guest

Cant help but think Nick Cousins hasnt moved up on quite a few teams lists with his performance so far.

10. flamebird

flamebird Registered User

My thoughts exactly, he'll most likely creep into round #2

11. Joe Hallenback

Joe Hallenback Registered User

McNeil was dynamite today and has been pretty solid all tourney.

12. pouskin74*

pouskin74* Guest

if scouts from NA dosnt open theyr eyes and still ignore Kucherov then i just dont know what to say.

13. R S

R S @avs_tweets

scout
    I've heard the EXACT opposite about McNeill. Go watch a game and quit posting until you do.

14. Alberta tough

Alberta tough Registered User

McNeill looked better today then he did on Tuesday. Although he did miss a open net in the 3rd.

15. 17Kurri

17Kurri Registered User

Not sure why McNeill is being seen as under-performing, but he seemed ok to me against Sweden and Germany.

Sure, he maybe should've buried the pass from Murray against Germany, but he's been using his size pretty effectively to protect his position and make plays.

Scheifele's looked better this tourney, but McNeill hasn't hurt his draft position, imo.

16. Schennsation

Schennsation Show goes on

Should wait till the end of the tourney to do a list like this it would work alot better

17. joe89

joe89 #5

I think Rask has showed why he was slotted as a mid first-rounder before the season started. These last two games could be huge for his draft position.

18. AwesomePanthers

AwesomePanthers Maybe next season

Steffen Søberg. He has played outstanding. I wasn't sure if someone would take a chance on him, but after this tournament someone should defiantly take a chance on him.

19. ikelechien

ikelechien Registered User

Exactly, Scheifele has shown that he could be possibly be a big no 1 center - 6'3 with explosiveness and high-end skills - therefore, has likely elevated himself above McNeill.

McNeill has not been underforming, however, McNeill has been McNeill, the player who works had but does not have elite offensive skills - likely a 2nd line center but a 2nd line center you would want on your team.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  20. Madic

Madic Registered User

That's how I see it too. McNeill has played solid two-way hockey and played big in the corners...nothing fancy, hasn't wowed too many people, but it hasn't hurt him, I don't think. Whereas Scheifele has stepped it up and shown some real offensive flair. I think he goes higher as a result of the tourney, possibly 10-15.

21. The Saw Is the Law

The Saw Is the Law Registered User

Soberg definitely rising and Perhonen falling. Today all three goals were a bit weak. Should have taken at least two of three. Perhonen is lookin like losing goaltender. Can't win close games.

22. saska sault

saska sault Registered User

Nick Cousins is playing like his usual self, scoring big goals and being a pest.. nothing new if you ask a Hound fan, if he gets into the 2nd round I would be happy, but his size and speed will hold him back IMO to the 3rd.

23. Canuck71*

Canuck71* Guest

Brett Ritchie anyone? He's been having a fairly solid tournament so far.

24. teddygmr

teddygmr Registered User

Im shocked that Canada can't bring a better goalie than subban...what's up with that?

25. MrGeno101

MrGeno101 Registered User

Agree :nod: based on talent he should go in the first round easily...