RIP Ted Lindsay

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
What a legend. He's the kind of player and man that makes me proud of the history and tradition of the Detroit Red Wings.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
One of the cornerstones that makes this a special franchise.

Thanks for the memories Ted!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Great player and person. I had the privilege of meeting him on a few occasions and he was as wonderful as all the stories we have been hearing about him today to me and my family.

He will be missed, but a life well lived! RIP Ted Lindsay.

Reactions: Frk It

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
Between Ted Lindsay's passing and the Red Kelly number retirement in Detroit, both recent events, I'm left wondering about the sense among fans in the early 1960s.

Was there a sense that if Detroit still had Kelly and Lindsay from 1960 to 1964, the Red Wings would have won at least one cup during that span?

I couldn't help but notice that they both ended being traded to other teams because their relationships soured with management during that period.

Last edited:

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Between Ted Lindsay's passing and the Red Kelly number retirement in Detroit, both recent events, I'm left wondering about the sense among fans in the early 1960s.

Was there a sense that if Detroit still had Kelly and Lindsay from 1960 to 1964, the Red Wings would have won at least one cup during that span?

I couldn't help but notice that they both ended being traded to other teams because their relationships soured with management during that period.
Yes, even the players that were on the team at the time have said we may have won (best case) 4 more cups. Throughout the years, Wings management had terrible relationships with the players until Mr. I came along. It always seemed their best players were traded or moved on. Examples: Ullman, Marcel Dionne who didn't like mgmt, and Gary Unger who was traded because he wore long hair.

Reactions: DetroitRed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->