RIP Stompin' Tom Connors

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Really? Damn...

R.I.P.

I'll have to get stinko this weekend, and listen to some old Tom.

jasonjim

Nov 1, 2006
OTTAWA
Stompin Tom was a legend in the Ottawa Valley for a very long time, and gave a lot of people a lot of happiness with his singing, and his stompin. May he rest in peace.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
From a letter he posted on his website recently:

“I must now pass the torch, to all of you, to help keep the Maple Leaf flying high, and be the Patriot Canada needs now and in the future.â€

One Gun Mitty

Mar 3, 2011
Farewell Stompin' Tom - a true Canadian

"Bud the spud
from the bright red mud
rollin' down the highway
smilin' ....."

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
A true giant. A Canadian Titan. In a country almost incapable of telling its own stories, he was the best at it. I have to admit I teared up when I heard.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
A true giant. A Canadian Titan. In a country almost incapable of telling its own stories, he was the best at it. I have to admit I teared up when I heard.

Couldn't agree more with everything said here. A terrible loss for our country.

Side note, I lost whatever little amount of respect I had for the tgor boys this morning when they were joking around about his passing and mocking his music. They knew they were going too far and jr cut it off and changed the subject. Classless all around.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Couldn't agree more with everything said here. A terrible loss for our country.

Side note, I lost whatever little amount of respect I had for the tgor boys this morning when they were joking around about his passing and mocking his music. They knew they were going too far and jr cut it off and changed the subject. Classless all around.

Unfortunately, that's par for the course for those guys.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Thanks to the Sens

Let's not forget it the was the Ottawa Senators that brought back that song from the dead, and started playing it sooooo much, that other Teams took notice and started playing it in their own Barns!

Classy Team those Sens! :handclap:

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Let's not forget it the was the Ottawa Senators that brought back that song from the dead, and started playing it sooooo much, that other Teams took notice and started playing it in their own Barns!

Classy Team those Sens! :handclap:

Yes ,Ottawa was the first team that played the Hockey Song at their games and Earl Macrae for one was mortified.During one of the playoffs. I think it was with the Islanders, he begged them to stop playing that songs because there were reporters from New York and they would think we were a bunch of hicks.
Once other arenas started playing it he came around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad