News Article: RIP Sean Connery

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Best Bond and was great in The Rock (underrated film because people hate on Michael Bay while praising directors that do the same thing - over the top and CGI fest :sarcasm: - but poorly executed)

RIP

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
2020 sucks.

RIP.
Seconded.

RIP Sean Connery, and 2o2o.., the end of which can't happen fast enough.

I like that Connery was able to distance from acting, lead his own life, and had a lot of time to do that. The world was worse for him not acting more but he preferred to be away from acting and from his own accounts had already done what he wanted to do in acting and film.

Reactions: Cloned

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Absolute legend. Really liked him in The Rock, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and the Hunt for Red October. Never did get into Bond movies for whatever reason(s), but the man was a true legend.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
RIP Mr Connery. The Rock had a sweet soundtrack. Hans Zimmer is the GOAT of movie scores. His music makes movies 50% better.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Absolute legend. Really liked him in The Rock, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and the Hunt for Red October. Never did get into Bond movies for whatever reason(s), but the man was a true legend.

There's still time for you. ;) They have always been one of my favorite series of all time. Not so much the later ones, but especially the early ones with Connery. He was the man. Still deciding which one I should watch tonight to honor the man - trying to decide between Dr No, From Russia With Love or Goldfinger. Have seen each of them about 10 times already, and I have favorite parts of each. Tough choice.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
There's still time for you. ;) They have always been one of my favorite series of all time. Not so much the later ones, but especially the early ones with Connery. He was the man. Still deciding which one I should watch tonight to honor the man - trying to decide between Dr No, From Russia With Love or Goldfinger. Have seen each of them about 10 times already, and I have favorite parts of each. Tough choice.

The one with the hottest Bond Girl FTW?

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Still deciding which one I should watch tonight to honor the man - trying to decide between Dr No, From Russia With Love or Goldfinger.

Dr. No is my favourite Connery Bond film by a mile. Arguably one of the best Bond films ever. Definitely top 3.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Best Bond and was great in The Rock (underrated film because people hate on Michael Bay while praising directors that do the same thing - over the top and CGI fest :sarcasm: - but poorly executed)

RIP

I hate on that film for three reasons:
1) Michael Bay
2) Nicholas “I wouldn’t have a career if I weren’t Coppola’s nephew” Cage
3) A Scotsman saying the most cringeworthy Americanism ever (the bit about the prom queen).

Anyways, RIP to the original James Bond.

The story of him beating up a mobster in real life is legendary.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
FB_IMG_1604249126027.jpg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
RIP Mr Connery. The Rock had a sweet soundtrack. Hans Zimmer is the GOAT of movie scores. His music makes movies 50% better.

Not my genre for sure but crash and blast movies not my thing. I'm a rarity in that I find Zimmer soundtracks annoying. They're busy, loud, like he's just trying to make a lot of decibels. Which I guess works in a movie theater or for the type of film but his music just seems so overdone.

I like nuance, and my take on soundtracks is they are background. Zimmer sounds like he wants to be the whole show. Every track with him is so jingoistic.

Ed Harris stares off at something, Epic crashing Zimmer sound. Ed Harris has coffee, massive Zimmer symphony, Ed Harris picks a flower, crescendo of Zimmer horn blasts. When I hear these soundtracks I keep thinking its some parody. His soundtracks make me change the channel.

Last edited:

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Not my genre for sure but crash and blast movies not my thing. I'm a rarity in that I find Zimmer soundtracks annoying. They're busy, loud, like he's just trying to make a lot of decibels. Which I guess works in a movie theater or for the type of film but his music just seems so overdone.

I like nuance, and my take on soundtracks is they are background. Zimmer sounds like he wants to be the whole show. Every track with him is so jingoistic.

Ed Harris stares off at something, Epic crashing Zimmer sound. Ed Harris has coffee, massive Zimmer symphony, Ed Harris picks a flower, crescendo of Zimmer horn blasts. When I hear these soundtracks I keep thinking its some parody. His soundtracks make me change the channel.

Remember him being in A Beautiful Mind.

Good Movie.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Remember him being in A Beautiful Mind.

Good Movie.

Don't get me wrong, its not the actor that annoys me, its the constant Zimmer intrusions in every sound track. Not his fault though I guess, its what the studios want him to do. Just pump up the sound track. He's the Phil Spector wall of sound type movie composer. except I liked most of Spectors stuff.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Don't get me wrong, its not the actor that annoys me, its the constant Zimmer intrusions in every sound track. Not his fault though I guess, its what the studios want him to do. Just pump up the sound track. He's the Phil Spector wall of sound type movie composer. except I liked most of Spectors stuff.

Phil Spector is a weirdo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad