RIP Russ Conway

Serge

Mar 13, 2006
Massachusetts
Very sorry to hear this. An excellent writer, and judging from the stories in this thread, a stand up person in his personal life. RIP Russ.

Reactions: Strafer

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
And HOF ******* Bob Pulford was his henchman. Eagleson was supposed to represent the players but he was the owners bagman the whole time. An absolute scum of the earth that a guy from a small town newspaper exposed. Gross Misconduct, as mentioned earlier, should be an essential read for everyone on this Board. Very sad to lose Russ Conway.

I'm a lifelong Bruins fan but was always an observer of the Blackhawks and the whole Dollar Bill/Pullie soap opera(I used to visit FreeTheHawks.com). I made it to one game at the old Stadium, in March of 1994, and, through a fraternity brother with a Wirtz connection, I sat six rows behind the Hawks bench, with a copy of the The Blue Line in my back pocket.

SAY FAREWELL TO BLUE HUMOR OF BLUE LINE

51220XCPFYL._SX305_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I'm a lifelong Bruins fan but was always an observer of the Blackhawks and the whole Dollar Bill/Pullie soap opera(I used to visit FreeTheHawks.com). I made it to one game at the old Stadium, in March of 1994, and, through a fraternity brother with a Wirtz connection, I sat six rows behind the Hawks bench, with a copy of the The Blue Line in my back pocket.

SAY FAREWELL TO BLUE HUMOR OF BLUE LINE

51220XCPFYL._SX305_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

upload_2019-8-23_4-29-53.png

Reactions: Terrier

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Visiting hours at the Monument Square Chapel of Paul C. Rogers Family Funeral Home, 334 Main Street, Haverhill, will be Monday, August 26. 2019 from 3 to 8 P.M. The Funeral Service will be held Tuesday, August 26, 2019 at 12 Noon at St. James Episcopal Church, 119 Washington Street, Groveland. Burial will be private. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Racing History Preservation Group, 7 Bayview Road, Ipswich, MA 01938, which operates the Northeast Racing

Museum, or Pines Speedway Reunion, c/o Groveland Historical Society, P.O.B. 178, Groveland, MA 01834.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

There you go. I still have it in a box somewhere. Before we went into the game, my friend and I had to wait briefly to pick up the tickets. Bill Wirtz walked past us and gave a brief stare at the Ray Bourque #77 jersey I was wearing. The next day, at O'Hare, believe it or not, I ended up on the Hawks' plane to Detroit, and J.R. was kind enough to sign my game ticket.

Reactions: Strafer and Fenway

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Sinden had a hunch that Eagleson was not giving Orr the details of the contract so he leaked the story to Frank Orr (no relation) of the Toronto Star and Will McDonough of the Globe in n attempt for Bobby to know. Eagleson somehow convinced Bobby it was just a publicity stunt. ::madfire:

By 1981 Bobby was dead broke and to survive he took a salesman job with Bowne & Company which was a publisher of financial papers and later took a job with Baybank as an ambassador.

Orr was also offered a job with TV38 to do color but he was uncomfortable with the concept of criticizing players and suggested the station hire Sanderson who had no qualms doing that.

Sanderson also had agent problems and was very blunt on how he felt about that person in his bio even refusing to mention his name even though the person had died.

Bob Woolf, Lawyer, Dies at 65; A Pioneer Negotiator for Athletes

Fenway's fount abounds.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
AUDIO Russ Conway on CBC Radio (1995)

VIDEO Eagleson sentenced in Boston

VIDEO Alan Eagleson goes to jail

I was at the old US courthouse in Boston when he was sentenced and I remember vividly one former player, coach and GM throwing him the middle finger salute. It was Milt Schmidt.

Even in disgrace, Eagleson was able to get a favorable plea deal where he would spared jail time in the US but instead serve his sentence in Canada and he wound up doing only 6 months of the 18 months.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/eagleson-released-from-prison-1.161047

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->