OT: RIP Robbie Robertson

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

I had the pleasure of seeing Levon Helm perform at the Edmonton Folk Fest in 2011 shortly before his death. Hard to imagine that was more than 10 years ago. And now RIP to another legend. One of the greatest bands of all time.

Last edited:

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

I had the pleasure of seeing Levon Helm perform at the Edmonton Folk Fest in 2011 shortly before his death. Hard to imagine that was more than 10 years ago. And now RIP to another legend. One of the greatest bands of all time.

This is one group that I wish I had seen live. Levon Helm was a great talent. So you are lucky to have seen him even without the rest of the band. That would have been a great get for the Folk Festival which was always a favourite of mine when I lived in Edmonton.

Reactions: Spawn

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
This is one group that I wish I had seen live. Levon Helm was a great talent. So you are lucky to have seen him even without the rest of the band. That would have been a great get for the Folk Festival which was always a favourite of mine when I lived in Edmonton.
This years festival starts tomorrow. I'm sure we'll hear a tribute or two on one of the hills.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Unbelievable the amount of top notch musicians and people he touched with his music and interacted with. From smoking pot with the Beatles to having Clapton leave Cream and want to join the Band.

KenLinsemanFanClub

Sorry State
Nov 26, 2003
Isle of Van
Robbie Robertson had a great solo career after the demise of The Band. This is one of the best examples of the work he produced.

RIP Robbie. You will be greatly missed.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Robbie Robertson was one of the best. RIP. Thank you for deciding to play music and making all our lives better. So many documentaries and readings on the great man that touched anything he did with gold.

I could post a hundred tracks, will post perhaps a less known classic.

Robertson was one of the originals in Ronnie Hawkins band the Hawks. A good place to get experience that so many artists obtained.

People talked of a few documentaries recently, this one is very good and spanning so many artists and genres and Robertson gets a lot of focus along with Link Wray and others.

Last edited:
Reactions: KenLinsemanFanClub

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Grew up with the last waltz blasting full volume almost every night for many years straight. Believe some sort of brainwashing occurred during those formative years. Never liked them much during, but as years pass I have grown to absolutely love The Band. RIP.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Rest in Peace to another Canadian music and cultural giant. The Band were a bit before my time and out of my wheelhouse as a kid but benefit of life experience and maybe a bit more mature musical palate, I came to appreciate the greatness of Robbie Robertson and his band Band mates.

It's quite something to look back in the waywayback machine in a two channel tv world, how Canadian icons were at the forefront of making distinctive original music. We've a bit lesser for the loss of Canadian talent like Robertson, Lightfoot, Tim Backman, next generation Gord Downie. Hold on to our treasures still with us, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Burton Cummings, Randy Bachman.

RIP Robbie Robertson, thank you for your music and wisdom.

Reactions: Stoneman89

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The Band and Triumph are 2 of the best music group documentaries I have ever seen. Heartily recommend them to anyone interested.

Reactions: rboomercat90

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad