RIP Ray Emery

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I’ll always remember that game against Calgary in 13 where he stood on his head and stole two points. Ray made something like 25 saves in the third period alone. Too young. Awful.

Yep his most memorable game. I remember Pat going crazy about his performance

Just looked it up

Hawks were outshot 47-19 and he made 45 saves that night and stole win

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
Very sad.I met Ray Emery when Dave Bolland brought Stanley Cup to Toronto Area in 2013.Ray was present .I remember celebrating the cup win .He was a nice guy .Down to earth and friendly .He took the time to talk and celebrate with the fans.My prayers and thoughts with family and friends.RIP Ray.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He played in Cayuga as a kid, and was one age group ahead of me, and played against a couple friends of mine. One of my favourite Hawk backups, and just seemed like a guy you wanted to hang out with. Loved his attitude and how he played his position.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
taken too soon, what a tragedy. use to love Emery, the guy had the skills to be a number 1 IMO but his body was not able to perform. Toward the end of his career he went through extensive rehab in order to simply play. I believe it was his hips(?), I recall reading an article about many , many years ago.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
RIP Razor. Condolences to his family and friends. Terrible news. Was an amazing BU for the Hawks. And yeah, I agree DHF.

Last edited:

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Had to read this three times when the article first popped up on Twitter. Did a triple-take, like "wait...what?". Really unfortunate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad