Confirmed with Link: RIP NHL Lockout (September 15th 2012 - January 12th 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Rick is also not doing interviews like the soulless ghoul that he was during the awkward phase when his Captaincy was questioned after asking to be traded back in Columbus. He's actually... happy :laugh:

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
well this is depressing...

No sked til NHL/PA sign "memo of understanding". Pearl Bailey once said:"What the world needs is a lot more love and a lot less paperwork."
Steve Zipay (twitter) @stevezipay

NHLPA concluded ratification vote at 8 am ET. Awaiting results. Lockout not over (no sked, trades, signing) until MOU is completed/signed.
Bob McKenzie (twitter) @TSNBobMcKenzie

NHL and NHLPA still "hammering away" at CBA MOU at this hour... League isn't open for business officially until MOU is completed..
Pierre LeBrun (twitter) @Real_ESPNLeBrun

SupersonicMonkey*

Think of all the paper work you need to fill out to lease a car.

Imagine what the paper work is like for this.

Must be a huge pain in the ass.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
Think of all the paper work you need to fill out to lease a car.

Imagine what the paper work is like for this.

Must be a huge pain in the ass.

this is far worse its lawyers arguing over the way the language should be in the MOU, most lawyers are particular and have a certain way of writing things and when faced with opposition of the wording they get very upset. So I can imagine this is no walk in the park.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
How long does it take to finalize the MOU? I want to know the schedule damn it! ;-)

I think someone posted on here late last night from one of the reporters that the MOU is taking longer and that instead of being done Saturday, it may not get finished until Sunday, pushing training camps to start on Monday....I hope this is not the case because we are all eager to get the season started!

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
I've missed Jim Cerny's incredibly depthless questions that can only be answered in one way.

"Do you think the tight knit group and the closeness in this locker room helps the team?"

Richie called Jim on it last year after being asked about the team's resiliency and character.
"I don't know what you to say. You ask me that after every game and ya, obviously it shows our resiliency."

He seems like a nice guy and all, but damn his interviews are bad. Weird flow, poor questions... it's kind of awkward at times. I'm not sure why he's not replaced.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
Okay bye lol.

Jeez do players individually think they will make an impact threatening retirement based on the CBA? Nobody cares. Plus, it's Erik Cole, not Sidney Crosby.

Go ahead, retire. I'll take the money. Complain to someone else.

ha...I hope for the canadiens sake Cole doesn't retire. I know we don't know for certain, but it sounded like when players retire their salary cap hit still stays with the team for whatever the duration of the contract would have been and that would really damage the canadiens with that much dead space

RMcDonagh

New York Rangers Cup
Jul 4, 2007
Long Island, NY
ha...I hope for the canadiens sake Cole doesn't retire. I know we don't know for certain, but it sounded like when players retire their salary cap hit still stays with the team for whatever the duration of the contract would have been and that would really damage the canadiens with that much dead space

Not a fan of the Canadiens, and their poor choices lately have really dug themselves a deep hole. Not that this would be their bad choice if it happened, but it would certainly be funny if they were on the hook for more worthless money if this happened. They will get out from under the Gomez contract because of the CBA though.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

That sounded like it only applied to contracts over 7 years in length (attempts to circumvent the cap, etc)

RMcDonagh

New York Rangers Cup
Jul 4, 2007
Long Island, NY
He seems like a nice guy and all, but damn his interviews are bad. Weird flow, poor questions... it's kind of awkward at times. I'm not sure why he's not replaced.

Yeah, actually the entire MSG cast is like that for the Rangers. Everyone is a homer and everyone asks dumb ass, obvious questions. I suppose it's like that mostly everywhere though.

I will say this: the occasional realistic approach is taken by Maloney and Joe. Sometimes, they tell it like it is. Which is refreshing. Not saying I like them, but, they do call things out if they see them done wrong from time to time.

Those terrrrrible Stan Fischler reports about how the "Rangaaaaaas" could do no wrong 2 seasons ago or more (can't remember) were horrific. Can't stand that guy. So glad he doesn't do much in regards to the Rangers lately.

Last edited:

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
That sounded like it only applied to contracts over 7 years in length (attempts to circumvent the cap, etc)

that part I feel would make sense, and it may have been reported, I can't recall; but that is something we will need to look into once the cba is finally made public

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
MOU still in works. "Should" get done today. Over 100 hrs invested in legal work and counting this week alone. Coaches very eager.
Darren Dreger (twitter) @DarrenDreger

No one seems to know precisely when NHL-NHLPA MOU will be signed other than expectation it'll be "sometime" today.
Bob McKenzie (twitter) @TSNBobMcKenzie

all good news...getting closer!

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I'm sorry, but what a colossal A$$ hat this guy is. Approximately $4 Million a year in salary. Go sell life insurance or start your own business Eric and see how much money you make. What complete ******.

Heh, this reminds me about how Latrell Spreewell was unhappy with the money he was making, citing how the millions he was making wasn't enough to feed his family. What colossal jerks, the both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad