News Article: RIP Lionel Duval

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Another RadCan stalwart from the glory days, has left us.

RIP.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Is there any way that someday the SRC have the rights to the Habs games? TVA and RDS are horrible, I feel like with Radio-Can the levels of language and analysis would at least be acceptable. They have journalistic standards there.

(RIP Mr Duval even if I never knew you I can suppose you were miles better than any RDS employee safe Houde).

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Is there any way that someday the SRC have the rights to the Habs games? TVA and RDS are horrible, I feel like with Radio-Can the levels of language and analysis would at least be acceptable. They have journalistic standards there.

(RIP Mr Duval even if I never knew you I can suppose you were miles better than any RDS employee safe Houde).
Ya Houde is pretty much the exception when it comes to having some kind of language standards these days. I would love for the SRC to have right to Saturday night games, those were great memories.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Ya Houde is pretty much the exception when it comes to having some kind of language standards these days. I would love for the SRC to have right to Saturday night games, those were great memories.

You can add Dany Dubé to the bracket, but you are correct, these types of elite communicators are few and far between.

I remember what René Lecavalier used to say about self-imposed boundaries -- he was on during every Hab game on RadCan, but would refuse to go into the Habs dressing room as he felt it was the players' space and he thought he could do a better job by not crossing that line, except of course when the dressing room as open to all, on a Cup winning celebration. I never forgot the type of integrity he strived for by merely applying it to himself, but never demanding it of others. He so led by example.

Last edited:

Mad Habber

Jul 5, 2006
Lionel Duval
Richard Garneau
Rene Lecavalier
Gilles Tremblay

Those were the guys I spent my Saturday nights with growing up. Another piece of my childhood has died.

Condolences to the family and friends.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Lionel Duval
Richard Garneau
Rene Lecavalier
Gilles Tremblay

Those were the guys I spent my Saturday nights with growing up. Another piece of my childhood has died.

Condolences to the family and friends.

Same here, La soirée du hockey was special.. And these teams were winning cups..

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
René Lecavalier classic: while both Mahovlich brothers were on the Habs, "la passe à Mahovlich, Pete celui-là".

Lecavalier like Duval and the others mentioned here, were added value to a game, they had a lot of class, something that you'd be hard-pressed to find now.

Jul 6, 2016
René Lecavalier classic: while both Mahovlich brothers were on the Habs, "la passe à Mahovlich, Pete celui-là".

Lecavalier like Duval and the others mentioned here, were added value to a game, they had a lot of class, something that you'd be hard-pressed to find now.

These guys knew how to speak a better French. At least we have Pierre Houde, Marc Denis and Danny Dubé to follow in their steps.

R.I.P. Monsieur Duval.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad