Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

giphy.gif

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
A thought occurred to me the other day

If LeBron had never signed with the Lakers, the course of events as we know them would've been different, and it's likely Kobe would still be alive

If Stern didn't veto the Chris Paul to Lakers it is very possible Kobe wins 2 more rings and against Lebrons Heat.

If that happens Kobe probably doesn't get hurt in 2013 and might still be playing today.

You could do it in a million ways but it doesn't matter he gone

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

He was within 100 feet of clearing into VFR conditions, then for some reason (possibly spatial disorientation), turned left and entered a spiralling descent.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
The video is interesting but just so very sad. I know what a challenge it can be to drive in fog even on roads one is very familiar with. The advantage is of course that you are in contact with ground. Can't imagine flying in fog.

Time heals but this still seems so unreal that this happened. May all of those affected continue to heal the best way possible. So tragic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Le Champion

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

This is one of those deaths I'll never forget where I was when I found out. I was sitting at a bar with my dad when someone told me. People thought it was fake since TMZ broke the news, but for as outlandish as TMZ is- I doubted they break a story this major without knowing for sure. The news only got worse as the day went on...

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
He was Kobe Bryant’s ‘Mr. Pilot Man.’ Now he’s blamed for Kobe’s death

The chopper touched down east of Los Angeles. Its rotor whirred to a halt. And on a mild afternoon three years ago, a rangy man in camo-print Nikes stepped out. Kobe Bryant chartered helicopters regularly in retirement. Nov. 22, 2018, was just another day in his charmed life.

Except that it was Thanksgiving.

And there was a crisis.

Someone in the Bryant family had forgotten the candied yams at home.

Rather than risk an incomplete feast, Kobe returned to the helicopter. Waiting for him was a pilot he trusted more than any other. A pilot who went to great lengths to meet Kobe’s every need. One who flew him back to Orange County that day; who stood by as Kobe hustled to his Newport Beach mansion; who flew him east once more with the candied yams in tow.

As Kobe increasingly turned to helicopter travel to evade LA traffic, he wouldn’t just fly with any pilot. Two were effectively blacklisted, one because the Bryants, in the words of their transportation coordinator, simply “didn’t care for him.” Only a few pilots were even approved to fly the Laker legend. And only one was ever requested.

Ara Zobayan, to Kobe, was "Mr. Pilot Man."

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Crazy that Kobe was the 3rd NBA MVP to die
had to look that one up since i figured some of the 50s and 60s winners had passed on but nope, guys like bob petit, bob cousy, and bill russell are all very much alive

kobe is the 4th though. wilt, wes unseld, and moses malone are the others

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
had to look that one up since i figured some of the 50s and 60s winners had passed on but nope, guys like bob petit, bob cousy, and bill russell are all very much alive

kobe is the 4th though. wilt, wes unseld, and moses malone are the others

No, I was just saying he was the 3rd one to die, as in the order not total

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad