RIP Kobe Bryant

Sep 19, 2008
ESPN just confirmed so looking like it. RIP Kobe. One of the best to every play the game.
What makes it so jarring is that it's so recent. He was arguably the best player in the world from 2000 to his retirement. Him and LeBron. Seeing those old Laker teams in the early 2000's was jarring and as I said before I hated them because I wanted someone new to win the title. I remember Iverson playing Kobe, the Nets, the Kings, the Spurs, the Pistons...just so jarring that he's gone. To me again he and LeBron were the best players I ever seen the last 20 years I've followed sports.

Reactions: Gecklund

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
upload_2020-1-26_14-56-31.png

RIP black mamba.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
ESPN just confirmed so looking like it. RIP Kobe. One of the best to every play the game.

It sucks.

It goes to show how life can be very unfair. Just last week I went to the funeral of the cousin of my brother's friend. He was 16 and died of a rare disease. People take life for granted, this is why people shouldn't fight or argue over such petty things. You never know what can happe because death can come anytime and any age.

This extremely shocking and heartbreaking. He will always be my GOAT basketball player.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Just staggering. RIP to one of the best ever.

Sep 19, 2008
I'll never forget sitting down a few months ago in front on the TV and watching this.

It was on NBA TV one day. It was just jarring how Kobe and Shaq had made up. Back then it was a huge rivalry but they got together and just talked about the old times and their beef they had. You can see how driven Kobe was after Shaq won his in Miami after leaving. You can see how driven Kobe was to improve every day while Shaq was out relaxing. He was so driven.

I would strongly recommend watching this video because it's just two players chatting about the old days. There is no fluff, just honesty from both sides. It is just two players chatting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->