RIP Jim Neidhart

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I just learned yesterday that he had Alzheimer's. That sucks! My mother has had for quite a while now and is only 3 years older than Anvil was. I fear instant troubles like this more than anything, because you just never know... =/

My grandma had Alzheimer's, it is an AWFUL disease.

What I'll say might sound terrible, but, IMO, the sooner they go, the better... for them and for everybody. In more advanced stages, they are not themselves anymore... AT ALL! My grandmas was such a strong woman all her life, except at the end. She had been reduced the being a digestive tube with blank eyes. Somedays, she looked like a scared puppy. Awful, awful disease. Best of luck to you and your family, man!

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown

What I'll say might sound terrible, but, IMO, the sooner they go, the better... for them and for everybody. In more advanced stages, they are not themselves anymore... AT ALL! My grandmas was such a strong woman all her life, except at the end. She had been reduced the being a digestive tube with blank eyes. Somedays, she looked like a scared puppy. Awful, awful disease. Best of luck to you and your family, man!

Thanks, I know what you mean and I dread getting to those days. She had an early onset and has stayed "relatively ok" for longer than I've noticed many are able to. On one hand that is great, on the other it sucks she was robbed of years in her 50s. If that's not enough she doesn't even get to really enjoy her only grandchild, because she can't engage w/his activity. At least a couple years ago before I was able to get her into a nursing home, she lived w/me while he was an infant and she got to spend lots of time with him. I hate that he won't really know her like she really is/was.

But enough about that. Was it known that Anvil was suffering? I haven't paid much if any attention to wrestling in many years, but I do like some Facebook nostalgia pages that share info like that. I just never saw it. Was he on that Divas show a lot or was that just one episode?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Isn't there a connection between Alzheimers and CTE?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yes it happens way too much.

I was looking back at WrestleMania VI. Not historically a great card but I was there live so it holds sedimental value.

36 people competed on the card (38 if you count the dark match Paul Roma vs. Brooklyn Brawler), with Neidhart's passing today, 17 are now deceased. Way too many for an event less than 30 years old :(

I did that with WM 7 a little while back:

38 competitors and 7 managers on the card.

13 competitors are gone, along with 4 managers and Andre.

There are 3 entire matches on a 14 match card where both competitors are gone:

Von Erich vs. Bravo
Warrior vs. Savage (including Sherri)
Boss Man vs. Perfect (including Heenan)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad