RIP Jim Neidhart

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Wow. Another one gone too soon. Only 63.

Bret is the only one left from the Hart Foundation stable from 1997 left. Owen, Bulldog, Brian Pillman and now Neidhart gone :(

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
Can i go one week of my ****ing life without a favorite wrestler ****ing dying on me?

Yes it happens way too much.

I was looking back at WrestleMania VI. Not historically a great card but I was there live so it holds sedimental value.

36 people competed on the card (38 if you count the dark match Paul Roma vs. Brooklyn Brawler), with Neidhart's passing today, 17 are now deceased. Way too many for an event less than 30 years old :(

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Really sad, but at the same time you have to marvel that Anvil lived this long. I ran into him at a bar a bunch of years ago and bought him a drink and he had a brief but cool conversation with me, but at that time you got a sense that you didn't want to annoy him.

He was an awesome character, and a lot of fun to watch in live events.

RIP Anvil

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Yes it happens way too much.

I was looking back at WrestleMania VI. Not historically a great card but I was there live so it holds sedimental value.

36 people competed on the card (38 if you count the dark match Paul Roma vs. Brooklyn Brawler), with Neidhart's passing today, 17 are now deceased. Way too many for an event less than 30 years old :(
That's my fav all time WM, def. a historically great card!

Reactions: Mightygoose

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Always liked the guy, yeah wrestlers dying young is nothing new. 63 is actually old for a wrestler, sad as that is. RIP, thoughts with his family especially his daughter, WWE Diva Natalya.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This is really sad.

DkfVRZZX0AAerlM.jpg

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
RIP Anvil. The Harts were always my 1A/1B tag team along with Demolition. Never felt Neidhart was appreciated enough but it's good to see others felt similarly to me about him.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
This is really sad.

DkfVRZZX0AAerlM.jpg

I've seen this image going around social media, and it is hauntingly beautiful and sad at the same time.

Please WWE induct the Hart Foundation before we lose Bret. He's the last surviving member of the group and he's already had a stroke and battled cancer, I don't think we have much time left with the Hitman so do it NOW!

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
:(

Hart Foundation was awesome. So sad four of them are gone. I remember when Neidhart made his return to WWF in 1997 and beat Austin with a crutch on the stage.

Meltzer, citing Ross Hart (Jim's brother-in-law), says the death was "due to a grand mal seizure related to the Alzheimer's Disease that Neidhart had been suffering from for some time".

Last edited:

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
A great match is the best 2 out of 3 falls versus Demolition Summerslam '90

Hart Foundation at their peak there

Reactions: Ozz

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I just learned yesterday that he had Alzheimer's. That sucks! My mother has had for quite a while now and is only 3 years older than Anvil was. I fear instant troubles like this more than anything, because you just never know... =/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->