RIP Hossein Khosrow Ali Vaziri aka The Iron Sheik

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
I just came back from the car shop when I read the news I felt sick to my stomach. Iron Sheik was the best on twitter. He ripped LeBron in LA for being a disappointment (before this year), and routinely lambasted professionals, becoming the top hater on social media. "IF YOU WANT TO BOUNCE LIKE A BOUNCEY BALL...GO f*** YOURSELF" He lampooned social media trends and let's get this straight, he was the all American Champion, Wrestling Champion, sold out the Madison Square Garden and no other jabroni not even the Jabroni Hulk Hogan could do that

So RIP Bubba, I pour a cold beer out for you
you said it perfect Bubba

Reactions: John Price
Sep 19, 2008
I would’ve posted some of them, but we do have to maintain some standards for the website :laugh:
It's so difficult to post them, but the great ones are

1) when "Macho Man" calls the show and Iron Sheik gets in an argument
2) when a high pitched figure in underwear starts talking shit to him (Piper?) and he flips out
3) when he explains why Jews and Muslims don't eat pork ("The pig the dirtiest animal. Lamb and Sheep, they eat grass. That son of a bitch pork, eat the dead animal! For this reason, Muslim people, Jewish people, we don't eat pork!")
4) when he talks about how Hulk Hogan disrespected him many times, telling him to get in touch with him and never replying, and then Iron Sheik mentioning a beer bottle :laugh: That is probably my favorite but it's really vulgar

you said it perfect Bubba
some of his hockey tweets were gold too like TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS WHAT THE f*** or BOSTON BRUINS THE JABRONI

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008

probably one of the calmest Sheik interviews, but still not SFW.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The Hulk Hogan rant involving the use of a beer bottle cracks me up to this day. I remember being keeled over laughing at that one. It’s not remotely PC at all…

He also had one of the most hilarious HOF speeches of all time. Everyone was losing their mind laughing because he just wouldn’t stop talking

• Haha
Reactions: John Price

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I think I might get in trouble for posting it but Google "Iron Sheik Ultimate Warrior daughter". It's the funniest thing I've ever seen.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
REQVIESCAT IN PACE
Hossein Khosrow Ali Vaziri, aka "The Iron Sheik"
b. 1942 March 15
d. 2023 June 7

This one's a bit tough to write, because enough people I know have had at least a passing familiarity with the man, but not enough to truly appreciate his genius and his dedication to his craft.

And I have to emphasize both "genius" and "dedication"

You want dedication? During the height of both 'kayfabe' (the term indicating when pro wrestling went to any length to present itself as a competitive sport) AND the Cold War, Mr. Vaziri was willing to play (to the hilt) a stereotypical America-hating foreign villain trope. Dedication *and courage*, I should add, if the litany of death threats is any indication.

Yet all the same, he continued to deliver his legendarily laconic promo -- "Iran #1, USA *ptooey*" -- that didn't just incense fans, but more importantly, drew them into the stadium.

For indeed, no theatric hero can ever triumph without a strong villain to overcome, and beyond any doubt, The Iron Sheik played that to a T. Most of you might remember his match with Hulk Hogan that shot the latter to the moon. For people a bit older, they remember his battles in the 1970s against Bob Backlund, a man best described as Archie Andrews with a collegiate wrestling background; in other words, the epitome of post-war all-American virtue.

Tragedy would later befall Mr. Vaziri's life; I won't go into the details because the rawness of those wounds put some truly hard times on him and his family. But in the end, he persevered, and was able to evolve into his final form -- that goofy, exaggerated social media presence that even non-fans of wrestling came to love. Vulgar language, ALL IN SHOUTY CAPS, promising to "humble" (pardon me, "HUMBLE") some "JABRONI". Sometimes, it would be a former co-worker, including perpetual whipping boy Hulk Hogan; on occasion, it would be some morally repugnant politician sunk to their knees in retrograde bullshit.
Either way, "Sheiky Baby"'s social media team gave him a shelf-life that far exceeded the simple melodramatic trope he first excelled at.

And in the end, and when viewed in a modern lens, The Iron Sheik's story is a truly fantastic one: a legitimate badass athlete from humble beginnings in a small village in Iran, he had a career that grew all the way from "ethnic villain stereotype" trope to a champion of diversity and progress, as the WWF/E's first and only Iranian-American World Heavyweight Champion.

No, he didn't change with the times; he remained steadfast, and instead, changed the surrounding times just that little bit needed. Such was the force of his charisma, his charm, his athletic prowess, and his natural showmanship.

May he now begin to rest in peace.

Well said, jabroni

RIP

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
I think I might get in trouble for posting it but Google "Iron Sheik Ultimate Warrior daughter". It's the funniest thing I've ever seen.
Nah the video of Jim Cornette going 2 out of 3 falls with a woman in the Dairy Queen window is the funniest thing ever, but that was great in it's own right.

Sep 19, 2008
What is the story about Hulk Hogan?
according to his interviews with howard hogan offered to talk to him several times and never answered, once when they were wrestling and another time long after they were wrestling. hogan has nothing but good things to say about shiek on his tribute wwe released though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad