RIP Hayden

Once

Jul 16, 2010
f*** thats rough. No person, especially an innocent child, should endure that

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Remember stuff like this when you’re ripping Marner’s “selfishness”. Sad to hear, that’s as tough as it gets. Man.

Reactions: Leafsfan74

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I hate this shit. I was up in Toronto last weekend to visit an old family friend terminal with leiomyosarcoma. She was 125lbs, 25 of which was tumors. She was in and out, but when she was with it, she kept mumbling "my life is over, my life is over." And she was right. And there was nothing anyone could do about it. I've seen people with cancer and I've seen people pass on but I don't think I've ever seen someone so openly resigned to it. Oncologists are a different breed, to be around that every day.

I think we call these people heroes because it undercuts what they actually are: victims of cosmic absurdity. And that's an uncomfortable thought to grapple with.

Best to this kid's family. May they know peace, someday.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I hate this ****. I was up in Toronto last weekend to visit an old family friend terminal with leiomyosarcoma. She was 125lbs, 25 of which was tumors. She was in and out, but when she was with it, she kept mumbling "my life is over, my life is over." And she was right. And there was nothing anyone could do about it. I've seen people with cancer and I've seen people pass on but I don't think I've ever seen someone so openly resigned to it. Oncologists are a different breed, to be around that every day.

I think we call these people heroes because it undercuts what they actually are: victims of cosmic absurdity. And that's an uncomfortable thought to grapple with.

Best to this kid's family. May they know peace, someday.

Condolences to you for your loss and having to go through that. Not to get personal, but I watched my father as a child slowly go from one of the strongest people I know to a frail man who couldn't even stand out of a chair over a few years from cancer. I was in the room when the dr had to come in and say that their attempts had failed, and there was nothing more they could do and he was going to die.

To say that it's a job I could never do is an understatement. Then you add in the abuse they take from families who are just frustrated and feeling new emotions and don't know how else to handle them than take it out on the Dr.

And this is why I drink so heavily :)

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Terrible. Obviously the deepest possible condolences to her family/friends and especially the parents. Losing a child is something I would never wish on my worst enemy. Truly something that is very hard to emotionally ever recover from.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
No parent should have to bury their child, ever.

My heart goes out to everyone who knew and loved Hayden!

Rest in peace young lady. :cry:

Our Leafs NEED to WIN a Stanley Cup in your honour!

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
AHH poor little champ. This stuff breaks my heart. Thoughts and prayers for his parents and family!

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Tragic. Heart breaking. Condolences to the family

Give your kids a little extra squeeze tonight

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
I know what's like to bury your child. It's been 18 months since we lost our daughter. My condolences to Hayden's family.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad