OT: RIP Guy Lafleur

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I don't know what I'll do the day that Keith passes.
I'm going to guess Richards for 10pts.

I win the free crackerjack popcorn. heh

Fortunately Keith Richards took substance abuse and alcoholism to an artform pickling his vital organs and therefore escaping the normal ravages. The guy is a walking medical miracle.

copious excuse to link one of the real fun Richards renditions. NSFW kiddies

Last edited:

midnightcopper

Apr 28, 2021
Very sorry to hear the news today. Two of the greatest players in the game, gone too soon.

GuyLafleur.jpg

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
My bro and I were Hab fans and my dad was a die hard Leafer fanatic. Back in the 70's dad and I used to bet a donut whenever the Leafs and Habs played each other, regular season or playoffs. My dad passed away in 2003, owing me about 6 boxes of donuts.

Whenever I watched those games in the 60s, it always seemed like the game ended 1-0 or 5-2.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
RIP Guy. Was a Habs fan in the 60's and 70's, and they had obviously had some of the games greatest players, but Guy was the one that brought you to your feet, with his flowing hair and scintillating shot. Too bad that smoking was such a normalized part of life back then, could have had an even greater and lengthier career.

Reactions: oilers'72

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I've seen that shot on Gerry Cheevers that sent him backwards, both live and in replays. But I still can't tell if he was beaten far side or where.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad