OT: RIP Fox Sports Carolinas, South, Tennessee etc.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Man, the Ball Sports overlay is gonna bug the ever loving shit out of me. Going from an unobtrusive scoreboard in the top left to a banner all the way across the bottom is gonna be a hell of a change to get used to.

2021-04-01-at-10-30-am-768x432.jpg

Reactions: DaveG

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
*Thick Slavic accent*

These bottomside capitalist scorebars are very intrusive for ze audience and hinder their enjoyment of ze game.

ON A COMPLETELY SERIOUS NOTE, THEIR BOTTOM BARS ARE STUPID AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THAT ON CZECH TV. SO THANKS. I HATE IT.
Measured it out in Paint. The Fox Sports scorebug consumed ~2.22% of the frame. The Bally's scorebar (w/shot counters) consumes ~10.82%.
DAILY REMINDER OF THE GREATNESS OF MS PAINT.

Last edited:

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Measured it out in Paint. The Fox Sports scorebug consumed ~2.22% of the frame. The Bally's scorebar (w/shot counters) consumes ~10.82%.

Very aggravating and similar to ESPN's ticker, it's just not needed in the 2020's given the ready access we all have with our cell phones, etc.

Just show the score and time, period!

btw: I'd settle for a ticker 1-2x an hour if eliminating was not an option.

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City
Watching Bally feed of Tampa. Having the chryon at the bottom sucks. Covers ice not the stands. The team/score boxes are larger than needed. And the scrolling really is a bit of distraction. Kinda like a gnat that just won't go away.

Imagine it will take a while to adjust and block it out.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
My main method of watching Canes games is using the Fox/Bally app on my phone and casting it to my TV.

When the app officially switched over to Bally I was worried they would remove casting support. They didn't, but might as well have.

The new app is terrible. Every time you play any content you have to sit through two advertisements, and once you get the game playing on your phone, casting isn't enabled for some reason. So you have to do it again for a total of four ads until the game is on your TV. The icing on the cake is that during TV timeouts the casting usually freezes. If you're lucky, the app will let you re-cast without watching ads, but don't hold your breath.

Fu*k you Sinclair

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
They got rid of FoxSports here in California too and changed it to Bally Sports West. I hate it. It lacks a professional sounding name imo.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad