Colby Cave | In Memoriam

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Very sad indeed. You never expect anyone so young to die, but it happens. In a year where everything is in turmoil, you don't need to hear yet another death and especially to someone on our hockey club that we as fans hold dearly.

Since condolences to Colby's wife, family and friends.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
Not to get to off topic as this was of my boys I cheered for(and benson) but I’m thinking the physicals should start scanning for this kind of stuff. Their checking the body, and we already had that irregular heart bear with jay bo.

I’m obviously not a doctor, but with how for the guys and how often they get physicals AND the whole concussion issue they should be doing scans yearly.

RIP CAVE

(Yea it’s hindsight but this may save another persons life)

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Not to get to off topic as this was of my boys I cheered for(and benson) but I’m thinking the physicals should start scanning for this kind of stuff. Their checking the body, and we already had that irregular heart bear with jay bo.

I’m obviously not a doctor, but with how for the guys and how often they get physicals AND the whole concussion issue they should be doing scans yearly.

RIP CAVE

(Yea it’s hindsight but this may save another persons life)

First off RIP Colby Cave and condolences to his family and friends. Anytime a 25 year old dies it's far too soon and far too tragic.

In regards to the quote above tho. Professional athletes already receive the best of the best our society has to offer. If we start talking woulda coulda shouldas everyone should be getting better preventative health care but there is only so much you can do.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Another reminder how short life is and to show you what matters. Colby seemed like the type that would sacrifice to enrich others lives. A lot of reminders here to hold people close and let them know you love and care for them.

Thank you Colby Cave. May you rest in peace.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

On Monday morning, the organization told the 25-year-old centre they wanted him on a Friday conference call for an update on the COVID-19 situation and the NHL’s possible return to action. They wanted him up with the big club if the season resumed.

“Keith Gretzky talked to Colby and told him we wanted him on the call because he was going to be one of the players we wanted with us when the league started up again,” said Oilers general manager Ken Holland. “All of a sudden, everything changes on Tuesday.”
:(

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
R.I.P
Really depressing, so young, prayers out to his family

His last interview. Such a well spoken individual, that understands the dynamic of a well rounded team, with leadership qualities beaming out of his aura

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I made a collage of Colby Cave using pictures of him, his wife, his family, his friends, and his teammates.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I don't know if this has been brought up or not. Just a question, hypothetically if the Oilers win the cup, would Colby's name be engraved on the cup?

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
My heart just sinks every time I think about it. Gone way too soon. If you’re quarantined with your loved ones, hold them close. Scary how quickly It can all be taken away. RIP Caver

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I don't know if this has been brought up or not. Just a question, hypothetically if the Oilers win the cup, would Colby's name be engraved on the cup?
To have one's name engraved on the Stanley Cup certain requirements must be met. A player must have at least 41 games played with the club or one game played in the Stanley Cup Finals. However, in 1994 a stipulation was added to allow a team to petition the Commissioner for permission to have players' names put on the Cup if extenuating circumstances prevented them from being available to play.
2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Reactions: McCanovin

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
I live in Colbys hometown and our families have been friends for years

nhf7ImS.jpg

Currently parked somewhere here waiting for his family to come home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->