News Article: RIP Brian Glennie

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Glennie #24 was a beauty. Died too young.

He actually was a member of the '72 Team Canada.

Will always remember him turtling on the ice as Dan Maloney kept trying to lift him up to fight him.

They better keep their heads up in heaven or they might find themselves a victim of a Brian Glennie hip check. RIP.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
R.I.P. Brian Glennie.

You were a Leaf so long ago I barely remember your adventures on our Leafs D core. Thank you for being a warrior for our Leafs!

My condolences to all of his family and friends.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
RIP Brian Glennie

Great commercial - I remember asking my mom for Swanson's Salisbury Steak dinners in the 70's and she would rarely buy them since they were so unhealthy haha. The few times she did, it was such a treat! Eating it on a Tv tray while watching the giant furniture console that was our television. Good times.
And then there was McLean and McLeans riff on this commercial in the early 80s in their “act”(for those that recall). RIP 1970s NHL beauty.

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
RIP Brian Glennie

Great commercial - I remember asking my mom for Swanson's Salisbury Steak dinners in the 70's and she would rarely buy them since they were so unhealthy haha. The few times she did, it was such a treat! Eating it on a Tv tray while watching the giant furniture console that was our television. Good times.

Well described my friend

stormtracker

Apr 29, 2006
Guelph
A heart and soul player whose fearless style of play often led to injuries. He did not change his approach. I remember one article referring to him as Brian “Stitches” Glennie. He also was a member of the 1972 Team Canada who did not leave due to lack of playing time like Vic Hadfield and others. A credit to the team during his time there.

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
Sad to hear this. One of my favs from that team. Sittler, Salming, Lanny, Thompson, Tiger, Palmateer, Boutette, EllisFerguson, Inge<McKenny, Neely,Pelyk,Valiquette, Turnbull and yes Ron Wilson

member 300185

Darn shame. I remember a time when he was alive and I was alive at the same time. RIP bud, I remember you well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad