RIP Bobby "the Brain" Heenan

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
For how poorly he was doing, I actually thought he had already passed. Still very sad. RIP. Legend.. absolute legend.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I will never forget him and Monsoon together. Absolute perfection.

I may watch Wrestlemania 9 tomorrow after work just to relieve his awesomeness.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Wow no way... RIP... :cry:

Greatest voice at the announcers table, ever. Overall, an extremely amazing character.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It was hard watching him basically deteriorate over the years. Easily my favourite guy on the announce desk. He was absolutely hilarious.

RIP, Brain.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
RIP Bobby.

It was really tough seeing recent pictures of him wasting away. He certainly held out a long time on his battle with throat cancer.

He and Monsoon can now team up again and call all the great matches that are going on up there.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Greatest heel announcer ever. Easily better than King, and for me better than Jessie too.

Most likely the best heel manager ever as well.

This is not fair to Flair

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
A lot of respect being paid to Brain on social media by big names in the industry. What a tremendous persona and overall presence in the business. Was too young to enjoy his manager work...grew up on him doing commentary.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
A top 10 heel ever. Maybe even top 5. Be at peace, Bobby. You've earned your rest. Gorilla is gonna be so happy to see him again. Somewhere there's a dived through the window joke

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
RIP Bobby 'The Brain'. Grew up watching that stuff, and loved him and 'Mean' Gene Oakerland. mid-80's WWF was mesmerizing to an 8-10 year like I was then. I used to eat that stuff up every weekend, and Heenan was THE heel everyone loved to hate. Seems like every day, I lose a celebrity from my childhood.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I'm very sad to hear about this. When I first started watching wrestling as a kid, Heenan was one of the personalities who got me hooked on it. He was managing Nick Bockwinkel, and played the role of the dishonest cowardly heel manager better than anyone else I can remember. I didn't hate him like other fans did, just because he was so entertaining.

Obviously best known as a manager and an announcer, but his work as a wrestler was very underrated on the rare occasions he laced up the boots. He could take bumps better than most full-time wrestlers.

RIP to the greatest manager of all-time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->