RIP Bob Nevin

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
He was the captain when I joined the fan base. I believe I remember him playing with Phil Goyette at centre and Donnie Marshall on the left side at some point between 1968-70. RIP Captain Bob.

Goyette's passing ability played a role in my falling in love with hockey.

Reactions: cwede

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Amazingly, after leaving the Rangers at the age of 36.

upload_2020-10-3_8-45-6.png

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Amazingly, after leaving the Rangers at the age of 36.

View attachment 370030

I was one of the fortunate ones to have seen Orr at his best and in his prime. For all of Orr's incredible offensive prowess what is just as memorable to me was pretty much every game the Bruins were shorthanded, there would be at least one instance in a game where Orr would kill seemingly half the 2 minute penalty by himself by ragging the puck and deking opposing players with his tremendous puck skills and skating ability.

It really was a sight to see and no one to this day could even come close to doing what Orr did while the B's were shorthanded.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I was one of the fortunate ones to have seen Orr at his best and in his prime. For all of Orr's incredible offensive prowess what is just as memorable to me was pretty much every game the Bruins were shorthanded, there would be at least one instance in a game where Orr would kill seemingly half the 2 minute penalty by himself by ragging the puck and deking opposing players with his tremendous puck skills and skating ability.

It really was a sight to see and no one to this day could even come close to doing what Orr did while the B's were shorthanded.

I'll never forget Orr holding the puck behind his own net.

Gilbert was positioned in front of the goalie and then circled the net to flush Orr out.

Orr returned to behind the net. Gilbert was back in front of the goalie.

The same exact thing happened again. Fans at MSG were screaming for Gilbert to go after him again.

Gilbert raised both arms as if to say "What can I do?"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad