In Memoriam RIP Alberta O'Reilly Fan

aguineapig

We did it Alberta, WE DID IT! We beat the Big Bad Caps, Waa-Waa Wilson and the Great Fake 8. We're all in Heaven down here, as I know you are up there. Up in Heaven's second balcony with Roger Naples and the rest of the dearly departed Gallery Gods. With Fred and now John and Bob Wilson calling the action. We miss You along these Boards, but know that your still wearing the spoked B in Spirit here with us. We miss you, but know you'll be with us as we battle on to the Cup.
Your Bruins Family
HF Boards

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
We did it Alberta, WE DID IT! We beat the Big Bad Caps, Waa-Waa Wilson and the Great Fake 8. We're all in Heaven down here, as I know you are up there. Up in Heaven's second balcony with Roger Naples and the rest of the dearly departed Gallery Gods. With Fred and now John and Bob Wilson calling the action. We miss You along these Boards, but know that your still wearing the spoked B in Spirit here with us. We miss you, but know you'll be with us as we battle on to the Cup.
Your Bruins Family
HF Boards
No doubt the boys can hear Mike, Steve and all the other B's fans we've lost cheering from their perch high above us all.

We love and miss you Mike.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I appreciate the mods keeping this thread at the top of the page, as I think about Mike every day when I visit. I miss reading his post game remarks, but I often have an idea of what I think he'd say.

I hope his wife is somehow doing better. I remember Mike talking about her health struggles, rarely mentioning his.

A trade deadline just isn't the same without him.
His trades always involved three or more teams, and reshaped the B's by shipping out 4 to 6 players , and bringing in new. Such enthusiasm. Great loss.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Mike would have had some strong opinions on the series.
He would then immediately have ready ‘his plan’ for off season roster makeover.

I miss him.

If I started reading his after series post at breakfast I might just be rounding the final turn into the conclusion by now.

Sucks I would sometimes shake my head and chuckle at how lengthy his posts could be. I could really go for one of his novels today.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I've thought about Mike a lot in the last 12 hours. Honestly and truly miss him and his optimistic, gutsy posts even in the face of criticism. He was a gem.
EDIT: And if he is somehow able to read this stuff today, he's probably frustrated that he can't educate us from the "Great Beyond." God's-speed Mike!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I've thought about Mike a lot in the last 12 hours. Honestly and truly miss him and his optimistic, gutsy posts even in the face of criticism. He was a gem.
EDIT: And if he is somehow able to read this stuff today, he's probably frustrated that he can't educate us from the "Great Beyond." God's-speed Mike!

I miss his novels. This would of been the type of off-season I think he'd really enjoy, cause I don't think it's going to be boring at all. I'm predicting madness across the league. This might be the most exciting off-season in recent memory.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I miss his novels. This would of been the type of off-season I think he'd really enjoy, cause I don't think it's going to be boring at all. I'm predicting madness across the league. This might be the most exciting off-season in recent memory.
Did we ever find out how his wife is? He was distraught about her (and somewhat his own) health.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
is it possible (privacy wise, site rules wise) to put all his post together and publish them for the Bruins Crew on here to raise money for a charity he would have wanted? Be a good read if someone put his comments in proper context to the state of the Bruins at the time the comment was made ...might be longer than war and peace though :) ... but I'd buy it

Reactions: Gordoff and KWbruin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad