In Memoriam RIP Alberta O'Reilly Fan

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Didn't even see AOF's last post until just now and I am gutted. There are few people on this site who were ever as pure or genuine as AOF. Just an HoF member who absolutely loved talking about this team and kept on doing it, time and time again, whether he was teased for his long-winded nature or engaging in critical discussion. F*ck, man. F*ck.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The sad truth is that most of the time I didn't read Mike's posts. I , for reasons I can not explain, have to do things in record time, Mike's posts didn't allow for that.

The one thing you couldn't question about Mike was his love for his team and the game in general, that he expressed at length and now I regret
not having taken the time. What's worse is that we'll never get that chance again.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I may have roasted him a time or two when I was younger (and dumber) about the length of this posts but I grew to appreciate them. He'll be missed.
We all did - I been going nuts on him for 20
Years. I was reading PMs from him in the SIM over trades we were discussing (I wanted Dallas prospect Heiskanen but Mike said I had to take Loui Eriksson contract :laugh: that’s where we were at) but he was so nice that on another trade he was giving me to much and I’m telling him that and he’s explaining why it’s not :laugh:

I wish I didn’t go off on him so bad sometimes but I know I thought the world of him so I’m guilt free lol and I think he knew it

it’s funny but talking to my kid one time about her friends all over the country or world from internet and thinking ‘well that’s nuts’ and she got me on HF and how maybe I’ve never met folks face to face and yet you feel like you know the person like a childhood friend - that’s Mike

My first toast when I get back to going out after games will be for Mike and I’m sure I’m not the only one

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Once in a while Mike and I would disagree in a bad cop good cop kind of way. We were actually on the same page but we talked about it. Wanted to create some drama. Much like @LSCII does today. :sarcasm:

Two things we would always disagree with. The cap and the CBA. He would always send me a pm wanting to learn about different aspects. Besides his passion it was one of the good qualities he had. Didn't pretend to have all the answers and when he didn't, he wanted to learn.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Once in a while Mike and I would disagree in a bad cop good cop kind of way. We were actually on the same page but we talked about it. Wanted to create some drama. Much like @LSCII does today. :sarcasm:

Two things we would always disagree with. The cap and the CBA. He would always send me a pm wanting to learn about different aspects. Besides his passion it was one of the good qualities he had. Didn't pretend to have all the answers and when he didn't, he wanted to learn.

Well, I never! Don't be giving away trade secrets here Dom...;)

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I did not see this coming and knew he was young. What a struggle he had with his wife being so ill for so long.

I guess if I had really read his last post I would have thought more about what was going on in his life.

As one of the oldest posters (age wise) I can say life is short and all of those things my Mom told me were true.

Also the old saying don't leave angry at anyone (especially those you love) is true. .

It is nice to see posters show their feelings. Also nice to see posters who haven't posted much of late or who mostly lurk. We are kind of a little strange family here ( or it seems that way to me). This loss seems to have hit us hard.

Last edited:

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Reading through this again today, kinda reminded me that I should touch base with more people or at the very least let my personality/personal life come through a little bit more. I do a lot of typing and delete. Unless liqu'd.
On this page alone - there's at least 8 people I've spent untold hours reading and feel I know.

I might have to catch y'all for a pepsi ('pepsi' means beer) and a game once things settle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->