Proposal: Rinne for bishop

Status
Not open for further replies.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
First Poile trades Jones for ryjo which I was stoked about.
Then Weber for pk.

If we can manage to trade rinne for a younger start goalie kinda like the Weber/Subban deal today, I would be very happy.

Wonder if Tampa wOuld do Pekka for bishop straight up?? As preds fan I would even add a pick or prospect

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
With the Stamkos signing, Tampa will have some cap casualties and I am guessing Bishop or any 7M dollar goalie will not be on that roster in 2017/18

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO
But they don't need Rinne nearly as much as the cap space to invest in their team's depth to contend. If they want to go all in on an expensive but very talented goalie they're already better off with Bishop.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
They already have Vasilevskiy as a Bishop replacement and part of the reason Tampa is going to trade Bishop is to clear space to sign guys like Drouin, Johnson, Hedman etc.

They laugh us off the phone here.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
How does this make sense, in any way, for Tampa?

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
If they wanted to pay a goalie 7m thy would just resign bishop, not get another goalie/older one on top of it

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Shea Weber for subban happened. This trade is more likely imo.

The two are completely unrelated.

Gretzky for pieces happened after Gretzky won a Cup. Does that mean Crosby is going to get traded for pieces, since he just won a Cup?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Nothing is impossible.

Are you considering Tampa's needs for even a second, though?

And by your logic, Dallas could acquire Subban for a 5th round pick in the next half hour.

Sure, "nothing is impossible", but if it doesn't make sense to make a deal, why make it? This deal doesn't make sense for Tampa - they won't do it.

You're avoiding my question about what it does for Tampa and how they'd benefit from it.

SteenMachine

Oct 19, 2008
Fenton, MO

What makes you think Tampa wants anything to do with Rinne in the first place? Go ahead, write a complete sentence this time. An actual thought about the reason it would happen. Some actual insight as to what makes the probability greater than the 1% you're ready to cash in on.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

Come on. Not only are you dealing with completely different people, there are also other factors involved here. Habs management seemingly not wanting Subban anymore. Compared to this, Tampa having a really good, cheaper replacement, needing to clear cap space, this adding cap space for them.

Just don't do this well we just won one trade, let's propose this one because another trade just happened that had nothing to do with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad