Rinkrat's mockdraft roster thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
hope rinkrat won't mind me taking the initive on this one, post your roster and colors.

:rangers

Tanguay-Lecavalier-Havlat
Frolov-Spezza-Murray
Walz-Holik-Lehtinen
Bell-Staal-Williams

Francis-xxxx

Chara-Leetch
Redden-Pitkanen
Kaberle-Brisebois

Kalinin-Phillips

Khabibulin
Fleury

Last edited:

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
:leafs

K. Tkachuk - B. Richards - P. Demitra
S. Sullivan - D. Briere - D. Heatley
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - M. Sturm
K. Maltby - K. Draper - J. Cheechoo
Z. Parise - T. Vanek

S. Niedermayer - B. McCabe
J.M. Liles - K. McLaren
D. Hamhuis - K. Johnsson
W. Mitchell

R. Luongo
A. Raycroft

C S. Niedermayer
A K. Tkachuk
A K. Draper

Last edited:

hockeydude84

May 6, 2003
delta
Visit site
:nucks

Sergi Samsonov-Mario Lemieux(C)-Alexei Kovalev
Ryan Malone-Joe Thornton-Marian Hossa
Brendan Shanahan-Keith Primeau(A)-Miroslav Satan
Dave Andreychuk(A)-Henrik Zetterberg-Matt Cooke

Extras==Matthew Barnaby-Scottie Upshall

Rob Blake(A)-Eric Brewer
Ed Jovanovski-Barret Jackman
Rotislav Klesla-Sheldon Souray

Extras==Cory Sarich

Mikka Kiprusoff
Rick DePietro

Forwards- Great centers, right wingers are young and should do some damage except for shut down shanahan, left wingers are fast and all have a mean edge to them. young core of forwards, future is promising...

Defence- Rough and tough are the best words to describe them. Jovo, Blake and Klesla should provide most of the offence from the six so far. Jackman,Brewer and Klesla all have a bright future ahead of them in Van-City. Dont mess with these pairings of defence.

Goalies-Young! Both will split the season, Kipper being the number goalie at the beginning of the season. If one faulters, the other one has to play lights out.

Overall-Great mix of talent, younger team, great vets on board(Lemieux, Shannahan and Blake).... overall this team should do some damage down the long run.

Last edited:

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
:coyotes

Forwards
Ilya Kovalchuk-Pavel Datsyuk-Martin St. Louis
The league's best finisher combined with the league's best playmaker would make this line amazing on its own, but when you add the favorite for MVP, this is perhaps the best line possible.

Ladislav Nagy-Marc Savard-Corey Stillman

A bit undersized, but all offense. Savard is an excellent playmaker, and Stillman and Nagy are top-tier finishers.

Mike Comrie-Tuomo Ruutu-Mark Recchi
Another line that could use more defense, but again, no lack of offense. Recchi's skills may be declining, but he can still offer some of his services, whereas Comrie and Ruutu are both on the upswing, with a lot of potential.

Jason Blake-David Legwand-Trent Hunter
This is a line to be afraid of. Blake is a great energy player who contributes well at both ends with his hustle. Hunter could be this year's ROY, and is a dangerous power forward. David Legwand is settling into his role as a shutdown center.

Extras:
Georges Laraque
One of the most fearsome players in the league, Big Georges will protect everyone without a complaint.
Jason Allison
If he ever gets back into game shape, he'll be able to fit anywhere on any of these lines.

Defense
Sergei Gonchar-Dan Boyle
What they lack in size or defensive ability, they more than make up for it with sheer talent. These are two of the premier offensive defensemen in the league.

Brian Berard-Paul Mara
Better defensively, but almost as good offensively. Berard, had he been healthy all year, would have put up sick numbers, and Mara is starting to come into his own as well.

Brian Rafalski-David Tanabe
Not long ago, Brian Rafalski was a Norris candidate. David Tanabe showed a lot of promise this year before his injury, as well.

Extras: Jonathan Girard.
Another guy who, if not for a terrible injury, could have made a huge impact. Potential is certainly there.

Goaltenders
Kari Lehtonen
The best young goalie in the league. His 4 starts speak for themselves: 4 wins, 2 shutouts.
Tomas Vokoun
One of the most underrated players in the league is finally starting to get his due now that Nashville is a competitive team.

C: Mark Recchi
A: Pavel Datsyuk
A: Brian Rafalski

Last edited:

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
The Montreal Canadiens

:habs

M.Naslund--J.Sakic--S.Doan
M.Hejduk--S.Koivu--E.Daze
P.Bergeron--B.Morrison--B.Morrow
S.Walker--M.York--S.Hartnell

J.Bouwmeester--A.Foote
A.Markov--T.Numinen
D.Markov--K.Timonen

M.Brodeur
M.Garon

Last edited:

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
adding you're team colours/logo:
now I don't mean to sound like I know it all, this is just incase you don't know how to add your team logo to a post

MONTREAL - ;habs
PHONEIX - ;coyotes
VANCOUVER - ;nucks
EDMONTON - ;edmonton
CALGARY - ;flames
CHICAGO - ;hawks
PHILADELPHIA - ;flyers

change the ; to :

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
rinkrat13 said:
adding you're team colours/logo:
now I don't mean to sound like I know it all, this is just incase you don't know how to add your team logo to a post

MONTREAL - ;habs
PHONEIX - ;coyotes
VANCOUVER - ;nucks
EDMONTON - ;edmonton
CALGARY - ;flames
CHICAGO - ;hawks
PHILADELPHIA - ;flyers

change the ; to :

Done.

Andrei_Markov

Mar 3, 2004
:edmonton

Simon-Sundin-Palffy
Elias-Arnott-Sykora
Smyth-Weight-Bertuzzi
Madden-Peca-Langenbrunner

Extra forward : Drury

Pronger-Morris
Lidstrom-Aucoin
Stevens-Smith

Extra defensemen : Fischer - Volchenkov

Theodore
Turco

=========Height======Weight====Compensation

Tot===== 1684" ====== 4724 lbs === $ 114 594 961.25
Avg===== 6'1" ======= 205.4 lbs === $ 4 982 389.62

=====================================

Forwards :

Simon-Sundin-Palffy

We all know what Palffy can do without quality linemates, imagine what he can do with 2 big forwards creating much more space for him to work. Wow ! Scary ! Sundin is a top 5 center in the game while Simon is among the best enforcer if not the best. He'll make sure that Sundin and especially Palffy won't take any abuse. Together, they should cause alot of damage in the offensive zone while not being a liability in the D zone.

Elias-Arnott-Sykora

What can I say ? This is the "A" line. The most exciting and dominating line I've seen in the last couple of years. We all know what they can do once reunited.

Smyth-Weight-Bertuzzi

This is my energy line and should be fan's favorite line. Smyth is the heart and soul of the Edmonton Oilers and has a "I'll never quit " attitude that should inspire all his teammates. And we know what Weight has brought to the Oilers organization. He still has world class vision and hands and should feed easily Smyth and Bertuzzi in the slot. Speaking of Bertuzzi, he is arguably the best power forward in the NHL. He could change the momentum of the game all by himself. All three players are gritty and should provide alot of physical play in the offensive zone. This line will make the home crowd go nuts.

Madden-Peca-Langenbrunner

This is the shut down line. All three fowards are fast, gritty, willing to hit, and very good defensively. They can shadow any elite line in the game and also chip in some goals by outworking the opponents. With Madden and Peca, two elite defensive forwards, the PK won't be a problem.

Extra forward : Chris Drury

Drury has a really good work ethic, is known as clutch scorer, is versatile and can do it all. He can play any line, any position in any situation. That's why he's so valuable if an injury occurs or if anyone's on a cold streak.

Defense

My biggest concern prior to the draft was to be able to draft 3 quality RH defensemen knowing how few were available. With Aucoin, Morris and Smith, I am satisfied. Although they aren't elite defensemen, they are still very good, good enough to match the elite LH defensemen such as Pronger, Lidstrom and Stevens.

Wow ! What a left side defense ! I guess the opponent will try to enter the D zone by the right side, otherwise, it'd be really hard.

With Pronger, Lidstrom and Aucoin who could all log alot of minutes, Smith and Stevens won't have to be overused and will be much more effective in their "seek and destroy" mission. Mouahahhaha !!!

Goalie

Theodore is a top 5 goalie, Hart and Vezina trophy winner with a very ordinary defense. With this kind of defense, he won't have to be superman every night. The crease and the rebonds will be clear, so he will be much more effective.

Overall

This is not an all-star team, but a team built to win the Stanley Cup. With alot of leadership, experience, skill, size, grit this team has everything needed to win for the next couple of years. :lol

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
ANAHEIM MIGHTY DUCKS

:ducks

Peter Forsberg-Sergei Fedorov-Jarimor Jagr
Paul Kariya-Robert Lang-Jeremy Roenick
Alyn McAuley-Steve Rucchin-Joffrey Lupul
Jordin Tootoo-Samuel Pahlsson-Rob Niedermayer
Tie Domi

Matheiu Schneider-Mattias Ohlund
Sergei Zubov-Roman Hamrlik
Sandis Ozolinsh-Janne Niinimaa
Paul Martin-Vitali Vishnevski

Jean-Sebastien Giguere
Curtis Joseph

Last edited:

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
:flyers

Gagne - Marleau - Alfredsson
Sullivan - Modano - xxxx
xxxx - xxxx - xxxx
xxxx - xxxx - xxxx

Chara - Hannan
Pitkanen - Vaananen
xxxx - xxxx

Giguere
xxxx

*I hope you (OneSpeedOnly) don't mind that I took the liberty to go ahead and post your roster here

Last edited:

Andrei_Markov

Mar 3, 2004
No offense rinkrat13, but Pronger is on my team :shakehead
Don't take away my first pick. :cry:
I guess it should be Chara instead of Pronger :thumbu:

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Andrei_Markov said:
No offense rinkrat13, but Pronger is on my team :shakehead
Don't take away my first pick. :cry:
I guess it should be Chara instead of Pronger :thumbu:

:joker: you're right... sorry about that.

Desibasha

Mar 25, 2004
Calgary Flames

R. Nash-O'Neill-Iginla
Zednik-Jokinen-Guerin
Zherdev-Horton-Ryder
Modin-Lindros-Handzus
Rolston

Leopold-Regher
Stuart-Boynton
Phaneuf-Warrener
Komisarek

Biron
Esche

Average Forwards Height: 6' 4"

Average Defence Height: 6' 3"

Last edited:

hockeydude84

May 6, 2003
delta
Visit site
these teams are all lookin like they could challenge the cup. in my mind so far everyone has drafted exactlly what their team needs, and no team stands out more than the others... let the good times roll

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
rinkrat13 said:
:flyers

xxxx - Marleau - Alfredsson
Mogilny - Gomez - xxxx
Gagne - Modano - xxxx
Zubrus - Yashin - xxxx

Kubina - Hatcher
Hannan - Vaananen
Ragnarsson - Zubov

Nabokov

*I hope you (OneSpeedOnly) don't mind that I took the liberty to go ahead and post your roster here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad