Confirmed with Link: Rinaldo is back.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Would have preferred re-signing Rieder but each brings their own pluses and minuses.

Reactions: DFF

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
They offer the exact same thing but Rinaldo can also score sometimes, and is a big influence on the clubhouse. No idea why we wouldn't want to stick with him over Lomberg

Plus Rinaldo doesn't use his face as a punching bag...

Anyway neither one should be in the nhl more than a handful of games a year

Reactions: Mazatt

Khrox

May 31, 2018
The best part about Rinaldo (other than the min contract that is 2 way) is the fact that the players love him. Apparently a bunch of the guys were texting him asking if he was re-signing, and why he wasn't a Flame again yet. A 13th forward who is also loved by his teammates it perfect on a league min contract.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
You need your eyes checked. I am actually concerned for your safety if you walk around in this world unaccompanied.

I mean, I love you but c'mon.

Love you too, but I’m serious. Lomberg is an easy fan favourite which I get. But Rinaldo brings the same energy, is a much better skater and better defensively, I also think he’s a better scorer. Lomberg is great in small bursts, but I think Rinaldo is a more imposing presence, an ideal 13th forward.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Plus Rinaldo has more NHL experience, so it's easier for him to sit in the press box for long stretches then step back into action

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Love you too, but I’m serious. Lomberg is an easy fan favourite which I get. But Rinaldo brings the same energy, is a much better skater and better defensively, I also think he’s a better scorer. Lomberg is great in small bursts, but I think Rinaldo is a more imposing presence, an ideal 13th forward.
He brings an intimidation factor, so you’re not wrong in that regard. Too bad he didn’t this past post season.

Still prefer Lomberg as a more complete player. It’s not an either/or situation either so they could have kept both.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Easy to see why Lomberg left, he was never going to get a shot here.

Well, more like Florida offered him a deal he couldn't refuse.

I like Lomberg, but no way we offer him a 2 year ONE way deal. He's likely going to be iced on an NHL roster full time for 2 seasons. We aren't able to offer him that. I hope Lomberg does well though. Great kid.

Rinaldo took a 2-way deal. He's expecting some AHL time and not even guaranteed more than 13th forward. I'm happy to see him remain a Flame. Consummate pro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad