Rimouski vs. Halifax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
Unbiased Canadian said:
Hey Boys,

Ask the Calgary Hitmen......a blow out in Game 1 means absolutely nothing.....remember 10-1 in Game one against Brandon....means nothing now does it?

Unbiased Canadian

I guess Rimouski isn't Calgary after all.

PEli*

Cayouche5 said:
I take him as my coach everyday

That's because he's a crazy idiot who just might win the Habs that extra game. But still come across as a walking, talking *******.

Congrats, Rimouski. I hope London torques you.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
PEli said:
That's because he's a crazy idiot who just might win the Habs that extra game. But still come across as a walking, talking *******.

Congrats, Rimouski. I hope London torques you.

Bad loser eh :p: .

You lost against a much better team(not that yours is not good but...) and you can't accept it. If your team would have put more energy trying to out skate, out passe and most importantly out scoring rimouski instead of trying to check harder, slash harder and intimidate more, you would have had a better chance. And these comment from your team organization about the ref and etc, really prouves that your team had there head somewhere else and thats why you lost in 4 sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppp!!!

I'm not even a rimouski fan(altough I wanted them to win) but you can't say its not true.

PEli*

C-Saku Koivu MTL said:
Bad loser eh :p: .

You lost against a much better team(not that yours is not good but...) and you can't accept it. If your team would have put more energy trying to out skate, out passe and most importantly out scoring rimouski instead of trying to check harder, slash harder and intimidate more, you would have had a better chance. And these comment from your team organization about the ref and etc, really prouves that your team had there head somewhere else and thats why you lost in 4 sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppp!!!

I'm not even a rimouski fan(altough I wanted them to win) but you can't say its not true.

What are you talking about. I can accept a tough loss. It's not like my team hasn't lost at the Memorial Cup. Or in game seven two years ago. Or tonight. I was talking about the coach.

You're reading too deep between the lines, pal. I was talking about crazy Doris.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
PEli said:
What are you talking about. I can accept a tough loss. It's not like my team hasn't lost at the Memorial Cup. Or in game seven two years ago. Or tonight. I was talking about the coach.

You're reading too deep between the lines, pal. I was talking about crazy Doris.

heh. Need clarity? :sarcasm:

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Cheers everyone! The beer is on Unbiased Canadian.Are we gonna all meet in one
place.Not Calgary though-I know- how about LONDON. :handclap: Because that's
where we can watch the greatest 16/17 year old hockey player in history lead
his team in the Memorial Cup. :jump:

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
PEli said:

Maybe but when you say: ''I hope London torques you'' instead of good luck at the memorial cup, well you look like a bad loser.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Does anyone know if the memorial cup will be televised via webcast, like how Halifax was doing it! I will be in North Carolina from now until early June and I HAVE to watch these games. Thanks :)

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
hockeyman28 said:
Does anyone know if the memorial cup will be televised via webcast, like how Halifax was doing it! I will be in North Carolina from now until early June and I HAVE to watch these games. Thanks :)

I think you are out of luck unfortunately.

billabong55

Dec 8, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Well, it was a great run for the Mooseheads. It's very disappointing they lost, but Rimouski is a very powerful team. Although Rimouski didn't really outplay Halifax throughout the series, they capitalized on any scoring chance they got which was the difference. And that's what makes a good team.

As for the sideshow of a circus that surrounded this series, it's over now. Nothing will change so I hope people don't blame the loss on the refs, the league, etc. Fact is Halifax was unable to keep the puck out of their own net at the key times. The most important thing is that Halifax still battled back and didn't give up, even in the dying seconds of the third period in game 4. I mean, a crossbar with less than 30 seconds to go?! That's determination. And I applaud that.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The last 3 games could have gone either way. 7-5 (EN goal) 5-4 and 4-3. Exciting hockey to watch, even if my team lost all 4 games.

RIM has lost once in their last 40 games. Halifax only finished 2 pts behind them in the standings but Halifax needed a small miricle to win 4 of 7 from the 'Nics.

AND Yes, we BOOED Crosby. Is that wrong? Do Rimouski fans cheer local Rimosuki talent when they play against them? No.

The Halifax crowd gave Crosby a loud cheer when he won the MVP award.

billabong55

Dec 8, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I'm not quite sure why Halifax Moosehead fans were expected to cheer Crosby's every move. Or am I misunderstanding it? He was the opposition. Best player on the team too. I certainly don't cheer the leading scorer on the oppositions team in the President's Cup final. Don't know about anyone else.

As for Halifax hockey fans, maybe they were expected to cheer him. But I think we finally, after many years, saw the Halifax fans completely backing their team. And I say it's about time.

As I said, maybe I misunderstood...

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
La-La-Laprise said:
The last 3 games could have gone either way. 7-5 (EN goal) 5-4 and 4-3. Exciting hockey to watch, even if my team lost all 4 games.

RIM has lost once in their last 40 games. Halifax only finished 2 pts behind them in the standings but Halifax needed a small miricle to win 4 of 7 from the 'Nics.

AND Yes, we BOOED Crosby. Is that wrong? Do Rimouski fans cheer local Rimosuki talent when they play against them? No.

The Halifax crowd gave Crosby a loud cheer when he won the MVP award.

you're absolutely right and that's the way it should be.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
C-Saku Koivu MTL said:
Maybe but when you say: ''I hope London torques you'' instead of good luck at the memorial cup, well you look like a bad loser.

there's nothing wrong with cheering against the team that swept you and hoping someone else does the job for you.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
billabong55 said:
I'm not quite sure why Halifax Moosehead fans were expected to cheer Crosby's every move. Or am I misunderstanding it? He was the opposition. Best player on the team too. I certainly don't cheer the leading scorer on the oppositions team in the President's Cup final. Don't know about anyone else.

As for Halifax hockey fans, maybe they were expected to cheer him. But I think we finally, after many years, saw the Halifax fans completely backing their team. And I say it's about time.

As I said, maybe I misunderstood...

In January, Rimouski came in here and beat Halifax 8-4. Crosby put on a clinic and had 6 pts. Some fans gave him a standing ovation. Which upset a lot of the diehard Moose fans (Me).

glenjackson

Feb 26, 2004
Nova Scotia
La-La-Laprise said:
In January, Rimouski came in here and beat Halifax 8-4. Crosby put on a clinic and had 6 pts. Some fans gave him a standing ovation. Which upset a lot of the diehard Moose fans (Me).

I was at that game but am not a diehard Mooseheads fan, and I was standing :)

Sometimes a player just has a special night like Crosby did that night and it became clear Halifax was going to lose, so maybe that's why a lot of the regular fans turned their attention to the "hometown" boy.

billabong55

Dec 8, 2003
Canada
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:

Oh trust me, I will not forget how frustrating that night was! But what I didn't understand in this thread was why people were surprised the Halifax fans were booing Crosby throughout games 3 and 4 in Halifax. That's what I meant by not cheering the top star on the opposing team.

I certainly remember that game in January and the standing O....

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
billabong55 said:
Oh trust me, I will not forget how frustrating that night was! But what I didn't understand in this thread was why people were surprised the Halifax fans were booing Crosby throughout games 3 and 4 in Halifax. That's what I meant by not cheering the top star on the opposing team.

I certainly remember that game in January and the standing O....

I dont know why some people expected us to give him an easy ride. Like he said before the series started he wasnt expecting any more standing ovations :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->