Rimouski undefeated in 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEli*

Alex126 said:
Because they got 9 wins and 1 tie since the Scalzo trade. They scored 61 goals (6.1 per games) and alloued 21 (2.1 gpg). Before then they average 4.1 goals per game and 3.9 goals again. Scalzo himself scores 23 pts in 10 games. This his a very very very good and wise move by Doris Labonté. One of the better in the Océanic history.

Other stats during this sequence:

Crosby got 18 goals and 16 assists for 34 pts in 9 games (+20). 4 consecutives winning goal for a total of 5. 3 shorthands goals.
Cédrick Desjardins is 8-0-0 with a 1.75 GA.and a .945 Saving %.
They beat Moncton twice, Halifax and Chicoutimi (2) who are the top 3 teams in the league by a total score of 33-14 in 5 games.
Marc-Antoine Pouliot 8-13-21 +17.
Mario Scalzo 4-19-23 +20. Pat Coulombe +18.
They score 18 goals and alloued just 1 in 2 consecutive games again Moncton and Bathurst (the only goal came with about 2 minutes to play in the third period).
Power play was terrific with 22 goals in 49 chances for 45% (21,9% before and 26% now) plus 5 shorthands goals.

:yo: :handclap:

And we'll see how things work out when Crosby is tired. The guy is playing every other shift, it seems. When the fatigue catches up with Sid and his line, things will turn.

As for the current streak, there's no arguing against it. Rimouski is hot. They won't stay this hot though. And they are not built for the playoffs. So we'll see, I guess.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
pei fan said:
No, I don't think I miss understood you.If it was
just 5,then at least 1 of the 1st line would have to play with the second line.But
besides that go look at the boxscores.Tobin is playing regular with Hrdel and Stewart . Cote's line is playing a regular 3rd shift.The boxscores of the last
several games show he's taking as many faceoffs as the other centers.They
do not have a regular 4th line but they do let a mix of others on the ice.

Lala did you know Charette has 39 pts.Did he get those on the bench?
We know Neilson also plays regular.So how about we modify it .9 guys get
90% of the forward icetime.

They are still a top heavy team. You cant deny it. And it isnt my hatred talking. Their 3rd line is Nielson - Cote - Bachand. Bachand is of JR A talent level and Cote is a sprk plug. Charette plays on teh 2nd line when Healthy.

My point was that Rimouski is a top heavy team and they play their top 2 lines a hell of a lot. And they will continue doing it down the stretch in hopes of getting the bye. If they dont get it, RIM wont last past rd 3 because playing every 2nd day will eventually take a toll on you when you are constantly playing 30 minutes a game for 5 straight months.

Louiss

Feb 28, 2002
twitter.com
when everyone is healthy Charette plays on the 3rd line with Coté and Neilson

2nd line is Tobin-Stewart-Hrdel

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Louiss said:
when everyone is healthy Charette plays on the 3rd line with Coté and Neilson

2nd line is Tobin-Stewart-Hrdel
Thats not a really good 2nd line.

Louiss

Feb 28, 2002
twitter.com
thats what I think too

Halifax is less spectacular but they have the best depth in the league
3 good lines and a solid Defense of vets...

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
i might be an homer but i think Shawinigan could surprise this year ( if they can finally past the second round...) They have a really young team but offence comes from all the lines. They have an average defence but an elite goaltender... They won 6-4 ( ithink) vs gatineau 2 days ago. We should have interesting playoffs.
The problem is the coach.. He is damn good for the season but when the playoff comes... he play too often his first and second line, and the players are exhausted in the second round.

Anyway i like to watch Rimouski/Québec/Gatineau/Sags play so i dont care if there is not hockey in the nhl this year... We have some good hockey here

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
La-La-Laprise said:
Didnt know the Prez Cup was awarded on February 4th.

Must of missed the memo ;)

:yo:
I'm just telling him to get them ready,I like my beer chilled. :handclap:
Anyway I wouldn't send you a memo-I know you're too busy ragging about
MacAdam. :amazed:

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
Any Rimouski fans know why Pouliot isn't taking any faceoffs right now?

Hiding an injury or something, he's one of their better faceoff guys, isn't he?

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
speeds said:
Any Rimouski fans know why Pouliot isn't taking any faceoffs right now?

Hiding an injury or something, he's one of their better faceoff guys, isn't he?

Yeah, it's because...oh wait I can't tell you. :lol

Actually, I have no idea. :dunno: :innocent:

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Unbiased Canadian said:
I'm trying to remember...did I say Crosby had to get to the Mem Cup or win the Mem Cup.....not that it matters....just curious.

Get to. (Looking forward to that beer) :)

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Unbiased Canadian said:
I'm trying to remember...did I say Crosby had to get to the Mem Cup or win the Mem Cup.....not that it matters....just curious.
Remember,I drink "expensive imported " beer and I like it chilled. :yo:

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Crossbar said:
Does anyone know why Dany Roussin was playing center tonight instead of M-A Pouliot?
Pouliot hasn't been playing center for a while now. I'm pretty sure he's playing on the wing with Crosby. It seems a bit odd as he's terrific in the faceoff dot and I always thought he was a good defensive player.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Cerebral said:
Pouliot hasn't been playing center for a while now. I'm pretty sure he's playing on the wing with Crosby. It seems a bit odd as he's terrific in the faceoff dot and I always thought he was a good defensive player.

he is quite good at faceoffs...i wonder why they moved him? He may have a nagging injury that hinders him on the draws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad