Rimouski against London

Status
Not open for further replies.

acadienboy

Oct 31, 2004
:madfire: Did Anybody watch the game Rimouski against London.What are your thoughts about it.Mine are the REF played a BIG part of the game specially in 2 period cause in 3 period he wasnt there.Corey Perry really decieve me by playing like a thceck in the world championship diving like a pro and he wasnt the only one from london.I think that London has a really good team but with what i saw Rimouski should have won the game if it wasnt for the ref.So if anybody SAW the game and would like to comment on it i'd like that to see if i saw the game like it was.
Tank
you and have a nice tournament.
Acadienboy

King_Brown

I don't know how you can say Rimousiki deserved to win that game they played horrible. London out played and out hustled them. Once you get to the finals you need to play good team defence, and Rimousiki did not.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
I thought the refereeing was "usual bad", not really biased. Just the typical ref job with the game management and all the crap we hear about everywhere, including the NHL.

The worse refereeing job I have ever seen was at the Memorial Cup, though. When the Foreurs were royally shafted so good old Western boys could win the Cup.

But this year so far it's not bad and if it stays the same, I can say I have seen much, much worse.

London deserved the win and got the win. Anyone can win it as the cliche says, but I have a feeling the Memorial Cup will be theirs when all is said and done. That team is just flat out awesome.

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
5-4-Fighting said:
Look at the shot clock. London dominated. If Rimouski hadn't taken so many dives they might have had a few calls go their way.

London deserved the win.

Rimouski wasn't the only team taking their fair share of dives tonight.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
knights definitely deserved the win. after crosby's early two points, they pretty much shut him roussin/pouliot down. if it wasn't for desjardins it would have been easily 6/7-3. london scored some timely goals too. scored early in each period giving them momentum in all 3 periods (and overtime). this was pegged by lots of folks as 1 vs. 2 but i say watch those rockets, they aren't there for the 3rd straight year on a fluke. they can shut anyone down. 'nics included, knights included.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
I have no idea why the penalties were more against Rimouski, but the play was more in London's favour than the reffing.

Rimouski got the bounces early and may have won the game with "average" reffing both ways. But that doesn't mean they deserved to win.

London deserved to win.

And Fritsche deserves to be shot.

Nazzy-19

Mar 3, 2004
Vancouver
Crosbyfan said:
I have no idea why the penalties were more against Rimouski, but the play was more in London's favour than the reffing.

Rimouski got the bounces early and may have won the game with "average" reffing both ways. But that doesn't mean they deserved to win.

London deserved to win.

Yeah I thought the FIRST time he ran the goalie was really blatant, while the second was not on purpose. IMHO he should be suspended for the next game. Or he should have been tossed out of that game. Just to send a message to all teams that the goalies are off limits.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Crosbyfan said:

London deserved to win.

So does Desjardins for knocking the net off on purpose twice and going down like he had been shot by Rodney when he accidently tripped him up a little bit, but nothing malicious the way Desjardins portrayed it.

espo*

I thought it was clear London is a stronger team but i also got the feeling if Rimouski could have stayed out of the box Crosby and the goaltender could have pulled an upset out for them.They were on their way but kept getting penalty after penalty.....no way they could keep a much stronger London squad down like that.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
trahans99 said:
So does Desjardins for knocking the net off on purpose twice and going down like he had been shot by Rodney when he accidently tripped him up a little bit, but nothing malicious the way Desjardins portrayed it.
He only knocked off once the other was by one of the knights players
I agree Fritche sp was pretty dirty on those, but job well done by the Knights, the defienetly played a very good game. Perry if he goes done that easily is defienetly not gonna cut it in the NHL, man that was pathetic. Lets hope it was a dive and not because of his strength.

BCCHL inactive

Herman did fine. He called a good game and let the teams decide the game.

BTW, there is a Memorial Cup thread on the Canadian Junior Hockey board.

espo*

Chootoi said:
knights definitely deserved the win. after crosby's early two points, they pretty much shut him roussin/pouliot down. if it wasn't for desjardins it would have been easily 6/7-3. london scored some timely goals too. scored early in each period giving them momentum in all 3 periods (and overtime). this was pegged by lots of folks as 1 vs. 2 but i say watch those rockets, they aren't there for the 3rd straight year on a fluke. they can shut anyone down. 'nics included, knights included.
Rimouski was on the pk for darn near the whole second period however,easy to shut down guys like that.London is a way better team though,i agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->