Confirmed with Link: Riley Nash signs with Columbus

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Well... Riley Nash saved a few of us of completely jumping off the cliff. ;)

Still not sold on banking on big improvements from the youngsters. But one can hope, right Crede?

Hoping for a lots and lots of things this year.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I like this signing.

Still need more bodies, but the four regulars we lost totaled 50 points for us last season. Nash had 41 on his own.
Actually, to improve on this point...

The three forward-liners we lost totaled 43 points last season. Nash had 41.

And he's a center, by the way. Always a good thing.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Other than last years outlier numbers, Nash doesn’t convince me he can outscore Dubi. Whoopee! I’m not convinced he brings more to the table than Figs or Jenner playing center, something I’d prefer not to see. But I’m sure that he’s cheap is his positive, but that doesn’t make him good. Put me down as :thumbd: on the signing.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He's always worn #20 in his NHL career. Unless I am very forgetful we haven't had a #20 since Tim Erixon and Kristian Huselius before him. So, I assume Nash will be #20 for us too.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Other than last years outlier numbers, Nash doesn’t convince me he can outscore Dubi. Whoopee! I’m not convinced he brings more to the table than Figs or Jenner playing center, something I’d prefer not to see. But I’m sure that he’s cheap is his positive, but that doesn’t make him good. Put me down as :thumbd: on the signing.
Yeah but you see plahing Jenner or Foligno at center kills our winger depth. The point of the move is to keep them on the wings. Jenner or Foligno can roll on Wennbergs wing and take draws whenever he struggles and then play wing after the draw.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
On its own a good bottom six add and it's no secret we need the center depth. Smart place for Nash to sign as well as he should see plenty of ice.

I feel like Jarmo and co still have something up their sleeve for a top 6 add but that is probably wishful thinking.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Not the R Nash I really wanted but a fine R Nash none the less. A late blooming 3rd liner at a very very reasonable contract.

And how many times will Rimer call him "Rick Nash" next season? 30,000 is my guess.

Actually, I'm only just now realizing that I'm "upset" about the JJ move for this reason.

The Jack Jones "sightings" should take a significant hit. Wouldn't be surprised to see "Ric...uh RILEY Nash" to surpass "Jack Jones", this year. Truly is a new era.

I put the over/under at 43, for both.

If RICK signs, things change, the "odds", EVERYTHING. I'm not sure Rimer makes it to January if that's the case.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I'd like to see what we'd do with the nameplates on the back of their jerseys. I'd just go with NASH for both of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad