Player Discussion Riley Barber

Status
Not open for further replies.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
MB really did have his eggs in one basket yesterday. Normally, he would have signed a couple of AHLers, only one? Aho stole the show.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
So you want him to not sign anybody?

If the alternative is overpaying for mediocre players who's contracts will make it difficult to re-sign Domi, KK, Poehling, Gallagher etc.........then yes.

I wouldn't mind Ben Chiarot on a two year deal but that seems unlikely.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
If the alternative is overpaying for mediocre players who's contracts will make it difficult to re-sign Domi, KK, Poehling, Gallagher etc.........then yes.

I wouldn't mind Ben Chiarot on a two year deal but that seems unlikely.

Yes I agree with that. But this signing will not get in the way of that. I like Chariot too, but still don't want any bad contracts. I think I'd prefer to trade than take a bad contract...

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Wasn't this kid moderately touted some time ago? Seems to be coming off a strong season in the A too.

A late bloomer perhaps,got his game all together now? Got some size and must have some hands to pot those points and goals. Might be a good cheaper option over Shaw. Less yap yap,but still feisty.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
A late bloomer perhaps,got his game all together now? Got some size and must have some hands to pot those points and goals. Might be a good cheaper option over Shaw. Less yap yap,but still feisty.

I have my reservations, it's rare for guys who are AHLers at age 25 to become impactful contributors at the NHL level but hope he does well.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Agreed, but worth a look at least. Weal seems to have found his game in MTL,so,lightning can strike twice?

Actually I have my reservations for Weal too, he "seemed to find his game" in Philly too but then fell a bit off a cliff until he got traded here. I have no problem with either signing though, it's low risk moderate reward imo.

Reactions: montreal

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Actually I have my reservations for Weal too, he "seemed to find his game" in Philly too but then fell a bit off a cliff until he got traded here. I have no problem with either signing though, it's low risk moderate reward imo.

It was a short sample size in Montreal,but if he can continue as he did the last 10-15 games or so. The PP started to work better with him for some reason. He seems like a smart player and was not with the complimentary players on his other teams.I'm curios as to what Barber really is as I know little about him.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Could Barber be a surprise? There’s some flop history about those type of players. There’s some success history about those type of players. Which of one he could be? Like he said it’s a turning point of his career.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Good news is that Michel isn't the coach anymore. I bet he would be on the top 6 after 5-10games in the season.

Reactions: LaP

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If he can help the habs i hope god has mercy for us cause we will suck big time.

The Habs have won 1 playoff series in 5 years, they kind of suck already. I don't see them making the playoffs with today's roster, and we know injuries will hit so while I hope Barber is in Laval all year, chances are he could see time there depending on how they want to handle guys like Evans, Suzuki, Poehling, etc..in terms of moving up them or just going with vets like Barber, Peca, Weise, Varano, Hudon, McCarron, minus whoever made the Habs full time to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad