Recalled/Assigned: Riley Barber Sent down

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Should have been Evans or Vejdemo

Barber deserves the call up. Vejdemo's been one of the most consistent players in Laval since the start of the season. And Evans has gotten going lately. But Barber deserves the call up. It's not someone who doesn't deserve being brought up over others. Evans and Vejdemo do deserve one, as well, no mistake. But Barber deserved one, too.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Is that our Christmas gift?
7b96a55334fee6e1c8b139903c88c49e.gif

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Barber may not be worth most people's time. I understand because he won't make much of a difference. But this is good asset management by Montreal.

Hudon needed to play one more game before requiring to go through waivers again. Sending him down before that 10th game gives them the chance to send him directly to Laval. Instead of calling Hudon back up to play that 10th game, they called up Barber. This way, the whole 10-game, 30-day counter begins anew.

Most wouldn't care about Hudon and Barber and the whole waivers situation. But it is good asset management.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Evans and Vejdemo don't need to be in the NHL to know what they have to develop. Evans will see the NHL eventually, he might be 23 but he only has 1 season of pro hockey under his belt... Frequent scenario for NCAA players.

I did not know that hockey was different that anything else. Because for anything else you don't know if you got it and what you must improve until you experience the real thing.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Barber deserves the call up. Vejdemo's been one of the most consistent players in Laval since the start of the season. And Evans has gotten going lately. But Barber deserves the call up. It's not someone who doesn't deserve being brought up over others. Evans and Vejdemo do deserve one, as well, no mistake. But Barber deserved one, too.
I’m satisfied with your explanation....Barber it is....can’t be worse than Hudon

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

He's stepped it up, but it's likely for a few games, why not give it to someone who this organization might still care about ? Let them experience the NHL. None of those 3 would have changed much, but 2 we're kind of hoping make it and Barber, for the most part, had his chance.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Good for him, he was a hot Rocket these last few games....but yikes...we may be icing:

Cousins - Domi - Weal
Tatar - Danault - Gally
Lehkonen - Suzuki - Armia
Peca - Thompson - Barber

This is scary.

Isn't it:

Tatar - Danault - Gally
Lehkonen - Domi - Armia
Cousins- Suzuki - Weal
Peca - Thompson - Barber

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He's stepped it up, but it's likely for a few games, why not give it to someone who this organization might still care about ? Let them experience the NHL. None of those 3 would have changed much, but 2 we're kind of hoping make it and Barber, for the most part, had his chance.

The way I see it, the fact they're keeping Evans, Vejdemo, Brook, and Poehling in the AHL right now may very well be because they care about those guys to keep them where they'll play more meaningful minutes and in more meaningful game situations.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm glad for him as he deserves a shot and I like that they kept Evans, Vejdemo, Poehling in the AHL. Byron shouldn't be out too much longer so one of Peca/Barber should be back in Laval soon enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->