Recalled/Assigned: Riley Barber Sent down

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
upload_2019-12-8_17-30-25.gif

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
meh.

At least Poehling and Evans have been doing well recently in Laval. They have a realistic chance long term.

I like Varone's overall game better than Barber. But he's injured i think.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I don't know if i should laugh or cry. I guess at this point i should laugh. Called it this summer that the supposed AHL guys we signed would eventually play in the NHL.

Honestly Evans is 23 and a half and have not played a single NHL game yet. How the hell is he supposed to know what he should work on to become a bottom 6 NHLer? Same for Vejdemo who will be 24 soon.

I don't think Evans or Vejdemo will be NHLers (bottom 6) but Barber is certainly not either. Why not give those kids some games? Even training with the pros for a week without playing could be nice for them.

Reactions: Edgy

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
meh.

At least Poehling and Evans have been doing well recently in Laval. They have a realistic chance long term.

I like Varone's overall game better than Barber. But he's injured i think.

Yup. Been out for a while. The timing was bad when he got hurt because he started playing a lot better.

Good news is that he travelled with the team this weekend to Syracuse and Springfield. That indicates to me that he's getting closer to returning.

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
Good for him, he was a hot Rocket these last few games....but yikes...we may be icing:

Cousins - Domi - Weal
Tatar - Danault - Gally
Lehkonen - Suzuki - Armia
Peca - Thompson - Barber

This is scary.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
If the intention is to play him on Thompson's line, then Vejdemo would have probably been a better choice. Perhaps he'll be tried on Suzuki's wing instead of Weal. Barber's a better player than Hudon.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Hudon is officially done. Too bad, seems like his first season was his ceiling.

Evans or Vejdemo should have been the call but maybe they, for once, will develop players at their actual positions.

Reactions: Redux91

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I don't know if i should laugh or cry. I guess at this point i should laugh. Called it this summer that the supposed AHL guys we signed would eventually play in the NHL.

Honestly Evans is 23 and a half and have not played a single NHL game yet. How the hell is he supposed to know what he should work on to become a bottom 6 NHLer? Same for Vejdemo who will be 24 soon.

I don't think Evans or Vejdemo will be NHLers (bottom 6) but Barber is certainly not either. Why not give those kids some games? Even training with the pros for a week without playing could be nice for them.

Amazen, aint it ?

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

Evans and Vejdemo don't need to be in the NHL to know what they have to develop. Evans will see the NHL eventually, he might be 23 but he only has 1 season of pro hockey under his belt... Frequent scenario for NCAA players.

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
Hudon is officially done. Too bad, seems like his first season was his ceiling.

Evans or Vejdemo should have been the call but maybe they, for once, will develop players at their actual positions.

I wonder if Vejdemo could be a fitting 4th line center. Any good on the dot (FO%)?

Let's imagine our middle line:
Suzuki
Danault
Kotkaniemi
Vejdemo

Our fourth "hustle" line could be:
Lehkonen - Vejdemo - Weal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad