Riku Helenius

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Does anyone have any info on Riku...........drafted in the first round last year........how was his season this year? what kind of long term player does he make for? Does it look like hes going to be a starting goalie in the NHL in the next few years?

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I think he was injured this year for the most part. Is that right? Anyone? Confirm me on that one.

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
His year was ruined by a shoulder injury. Didn't play at all as far as I know...

THN says Tampa wants him playing in Springfeild next year... hopefully his development wasn't hindered too much.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Suffered a shoulder injury that required surgery and kept him out for pretty much all year. He played in an Under-19 tournament about a month ago. The good news is he's healthy now. He'll probably be overseas again for at least next season. With Rask leaving, he should be able to get more playing time on his Finnish pro team.

Here's an article from a good Lightning prospect site about Helenius and a few other prospects: http://www.boltprospects.com/node/2369

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->