GDT: RIGXI - Avalanche vs. D*rty Sl*ts

If this is it...

• Total voters

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Hopefully Jost is out.

Calvert with LOC would be fun.

I think Jost has been one of the few guys consistently working hard, and winning battles. He just hasn't been able to do much with his 11:23 in average ice time.

I'd scratch Compher before Jost. He's been even less noticeable with his 15:24 in average ice time.

Calvert would be huge to get back though. I was gonna say they need his glue, but that doesn't sound right. :laugh:

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
All I have to say is this....Dallas, if you're smart....don't let us win today. Because I wouldn't want to be you guys in Game 7 after being up 3-1.
The interesting thing is that just last year in the 2nd round Dallas were up 3-2 (against St. Louis) and we were down 2-3 (against Sharks), so both teams are basically in the same position a year later.

Dallas lost game 6 (and later game 7 as well) while we won game 6 to force a game 7 so hopefully history repeats tonight.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I think Jost has been one of the few guys consistently working hard, and winning battles. He just hasn't been able to do much with his 11:23 in average ice time.

I'd scratch Compher before Jost. He's been even less noticeable with his 15:24 in average ice time.

Calvert would be huge to get back though. I was gonna say they need his glue, but that doesn't sound right. :laugh:
Yeah I've liked Jost's play defensively, and you can tell that he's just making smart plays and doing the right thing and not taking silly penalties. In a do-or-die scenario I'd keep him in the lineup over someone like Namestnikov who hasn't contributed anything except for a couple of bad penalties.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
All I have to say is this....Dallas, if you're smart....don't let us win today. Because I wouldn't want to be you guys in Game 7 after being up 3-1.

My money is on Dallas tonight, but if the Avs force a game 7 momentum completely shifts in favor of the Avs. And don't forget Avs would get last change.

In the end, I don't think Hutchinson can keep the Avs in it for two more games. The Avs would probably have to score 5/6 goals each game for make up for him.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah I've liked Jost's play defensively, and you can tell that he's just making smart plays and doing the right thing and not taking silly penalties. In a do-or-die scenario I'd keep him in the lineup over someone like Namestnikov who hasn't contributed anything except for a couple of bad penalties.

Yeah I'd keep him in just for his ability to work hard inside his own blueline to win battles and get the puck out.

That alone is so important in the playoffs, and he's one of the better guys on the team at it. Some of the guys have been struggling at it lately too.

Reactions: Richard88

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I'd take Nam out before anyone else. Jost hasn't been too noticeable but in a good way as has been mentioned before. We've been getting plenty of offense, now we just need that defense.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Yeah I probably would too.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'd take Nam out before anyone else. Jost hasn't been too noticeable but in a good way as has been mentioned before. We've been getting plenty of offense, now we just need that defense.

Yeah Nameste should go first. He looked like he was absolutely sleepwalking through last game.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I said prior to the start of the postseason that anything short of the WCF was a disappointment for me. But honestly I'm pretty proud they forced a game 6 after going down 0-2 with all the injuries they have. If they force a game 7 and lose I wouldn't call it a disappointment giving the circumstances. You have to be healthy to expect to go deep into the postseason.
Yah im there with you. It was also WCF or bust for me but given the injuries and having no D I cant blame them for bowing out. When the Avs have Byram and Timmins in the mix and when Newhook, Bowers, Kaut are on the team and we are playing a number 1 goalie and not a third stringer who should be playing in Loveland then it will be different.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I'm still in favor of the 10F - 8D lineup... or maybe I just don't want the third line to ever have another shift.
Lol, I think you're referring to our new 4th line.

Seriously though I wouldn't mind seeing Compher and Namestnikov dropped to double-shift Mackinnon and also have Byram on the PK instead of Graves (who has really sucked at blocking shots and clearing the puck in this series in particular).

Landeskog ---- Mackinnon ----- Rantanen
Burakovsky ------ Kadri --------- Nichuskin
Nieto ----------- Bellemare ------ Calvert
O'Connor --------- Jost

Graves --- Makar
Girard --- Timmins
Cole ------ Zadorov
Byram

PP:

------------ Landeskog -----------
Mackinnon - Kadri -- Rantanen
-------------- Makar --------------

PK1:

Bellemare --- Calvert
Cole ---------- Timmins

PK2:

Jost ---- Nieto
Byram - Zadorov

Maybe I'm overrating Timmins and Byram here a bit, but our PK is at 65% in this series so it can't really get any worse anyways so might as well try something different.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
At the beginning of this series I said that I hoped it would rekindle the loathing that I used to have for Dallas, and that with Benn, Pavelski and Perry there was a good chance of that. I'm not quite there, yet. I think it needs to go to seven and/or some literal bad blood to come up, but I can say that now I don't like Hintz or Janmark much, either. Progress.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I hope the refs keep guys like pavelski and comeau on a short leash tonight considered they were ejected the other night for the same crap they’re gonna try to pull tonight.

TheDangerBowen

Highway to
Jul 4, 2011
CO
You know when they show high lights on those big screens in the arena they should show Comeaus breakaway after he does something dumb haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad