Value of: Rights to Torey Krug and 2nd Round Pick to move up in the draft

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Krug would have to give the team a very good indication he will sign with them. I like him a lot but pens don’t have a 1st.

If we could trade Murray let’s say to the Avs for their late 1st, I’d be interested in this deal if the Bruins took some salary back.

And that’s only if Krug says he would absolutely sign

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Would any team with space be willing to trade down to negotiate with Torey Krug?

Rumors that Sweeney is getting calls about him, but UFA rights don't tend to fetch too much.

Mid-late 1st for rights to Torey Krug and 2nd. Would any team bite?[/QUOTE

Why would any team give up a Mid-late 1st and a 2nd for Torey Krugs right? Bet there are only a few team probably not more then 5 that he'd sign with with hometown Detroit leading the way. That's too much for any team to surrender if he doesn't agree to a deal. No UFA is worth that cost.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
The most negotiating rights are worth is something like a 4th rounder. No one is trading out of the 1st round for a 4th round pick. He might get you to move up from late 4th to early 4th round.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Would any team with space be willing to trade down to negotiate with Torey Krug?

Rumors that Sweeney is getting calls about him, but UFA rights don't tend to fetch too much.

Mid-late 1st for rights to Torey Krug and 2nd. Would any team bite?

The 2nd has its own value on its own, what it is, no more no less.
Can be sold if you work out a deal on it.

Don't see someone paying for Krug rights.
He has too much appeal to handful of fits, but still multiple suitors, so risk he still goes where he wants after mulling all offers is too high.

I mean, if ya wanna take a 7th, w/w'o the condition, sure.
But no one throwing away a pick in a deep draft esp.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
That’s still not tampering. The GM’s of the final 4 are free to speak to other GM’s about trades. You’re seeing conspiracies where none exist

You don't think teams have put out 'feelers' on Krug, Killorn, Gourde, MAF etc with their agents?

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
UFA rights tend to go for about a 4th/5th.

Even jumping a few spots within the first round costs at least a 3rd (Blues & Ottawa in 2016, Blues in 2018). Trading all the way from Boston's late 2nd (57th) to the late 1st is going to cost quite a bit more than Krug's UFA rights.

Reactions: bernmeister

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Doesnt make sense for a team to trade for his rights unless they get a chance to speak with him and his agent.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Doesnt make sense for a team to trade for his rights unless they get a chance to speak with him and his agent.
That's the whole idea, So you get a early jump on signing him before free agency. But if Krug is all about the money. How many legit contenders can afford to give him $8 million per? Very few basically only hometown Detroit can throw the brinks truck at him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad