Value of: Rights to Torey Krug and 2nd Round Pick to move up in the draft

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Would any team with space be willing to trade down to negotiate with Torey Krug?

Rumors that Sweeney is getting calls about him, but UFA rights don't tend to fetch too much.

Mid-late 1st for rights to Torey Krug and 2nd. Would any team bite?

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'd say his rights would be a 4th + 4th/5th and if he signs maybe it bumps up to a 3rd.

Edmundson went for a 4th and Friedman said it could go up to a 3rd if he does sign.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
The guy clearly said he’s going after money & nothing else...why waste pick(s) for that?

if you have the money, just wait & give it to him.

Also, he really doesn’t have that value (all rights to x player don’t in fact)

Reactions: hn777

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
There's probably been more tampering than in the history of the NHL and no one can prove it.

Deals and trades are already well past the speculation stage, all that's left to do is make it official.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Yandle was sold for a 6th plus a conditional 4th if he re-signs with FLA I believe. The rights to Krug can move up Boston's 2nd round pick by however much a 3rd round pick or say a 4th and a 6th will move it up by.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
There's probably been more tampering than in the history of the NHL and no one can prove it.

Deals and trades are already well past the speculation stage, all that's left to do is make it official.
All but the final 4 teams are allowed to make trades right now. There’s literally no need to not announce trades right now

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Because they may want to get involved?...
That’s still not tampering. The GM’s of the final 4 are free to speak to other GM’s about trades. You’re seeing conspiracies where none exist

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
There's no way that UFA rights have even close to that much value.

The most I can remember a skater's UFA rights being traded for was the rights of Hamhuis going for a 3rd back in 2012.
Lol I remember Buffalo gave Nashville a 3rd round pick for Jimmy Vesey's rights and Vesey said he still wanted to go to Free Agency the day after after the trade was made.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
All but the final 4 teams are allowed to make trades right now. There’s literally no need to not announce trades right now

All teams regardless of whether they are in the playoffs or not can make trades at anytime they want.

It just means they are not eligible play in the play-offs and would have to wait until next season for any acquired player to play.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Last edited:
Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Would any team with space be willing to trade down to negotiate with Torey Krug?

Rumors that Sweeney is getting calls about him, but UFA rights don't tend to fetch too much.

Nobody that desperate to overpay Krug as a UFA and also overpay to negotiate with him first. GM's just making calls to inquire and I'm sure this is happening a lot right now the way this off season is tracking

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Negotiating rights aren't worth that much. Maybe a 4th at best straight across, plus given the quick turnaround from the draft to f/a it may be less.
Edit
Assuming this is a draft floor deal

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

UFA rights have never gotten anywhere near a low 1st round pick. Best is a 3rd you’d get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->