Confirmed with Link: Rights to Gregory Hofmann for a 2022 7th Round Pick

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
What makes you think we want him? I'd rather give a spot next year to a guy like Jarvis/Drury/Rees/Suzuki/etc than Hofmann.

I mean, if you think he has any NHL upside, what's the harm of giving him a camp invite if he's willing? Certainly that's worth more than a 7th- and you can still probably get that anyway if he doesn't make it because of team depth.

That's why my assumption is the 'Canes think he isn't coming over, and the Jackets think they can do it.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
This is too funny to me. I wasn't even sure how or why we can still hold the rights of a player drafted 10 years ago. And if he didn't want to sign with us, does he hate fellow countryman Nino?
Yes. He refuses to be in the NHL if he needs to be on the same team with Niederreiter.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I mean, if you think he has any NHL upside, what's the harm of giving him a camp invite if he's willing? Certainly that's worth more than a 7th- and you can still probably get that anyway if he doesn't make it because of team depth.

That's why my assumption is the 'Canes think he isn't coming over, and the Jackets think they can do it.
He did get a chance several years ago in camp. He was a pretty good Swiss League scorer then too. This regime, as is common, is not afraid to move on from guys they didn't pick. And good lord, he was probably even a JR pick it was so long ago, right?

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
That job clearly belongs to Jeremy Welsh.
lol, I love just love the random names people drop here

I had to google what he was up to now... and he's playing in Poland now. f***ing Poland... there are legit HFboard members who could play there and not stick out. But he's still living the dream even if it means drinking potato vodka with Krzysztof Oliwa.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
There’s an alternate timeline where Dodge - Welsh - Hoffman is the greatest line in history, having led the Canes to an unprecedented 7 consecutive Cups.

I’m serious. That timeline actually exists. Think about it. *smokes reefer*

A timeline where Scotty and the River Rats now refers to the head coach and his first line.

Even Michael Moorcock thinks this multiverse is getting a little weird now.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Was Brad Fast supposed to be one of our up-and-coming future players to watch at one point or did I just imagine that?

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
Thinking about our drafts from the Cup year on until about 2011, man....

A blind monkey with a pen could have drafted better.

6 drafts and the best players were like Brandon Sutter and Skinner.

All credit to JR for the Cup but he couldn't hit water from a boat in those years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad