Right Wing

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
We have several right wingers in the organization who are the same physical mold including Gionta, Gallagher, Leblanc, Kristo and Collberg. Gionta has a year and a half left but the rest of them are all about the same age and there will only be a spot for two of them, at the most, on the Habs.

Which one of this group would you be willing to include as part of a package deal in a trade if it would address a weakness on the Habs.

Crap, I spelled Collberg wrong in the poll question

pine*

niftymove

Jul 13, 2010
Need option: none

Cause I vote for none of them for the moment. Would go with Armstrong eventually.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
Chances are, not all of them will make the NHL, so I wouldn't worry too much about the size/position issue. I believe Collberg plays his off wing as well?

Anyway, I'd consider trading any of them other than Gallagher in the right package deal. I guess I'd move Leblanc and Kristo before Collberg because of his age. Collberg could potentially be part of a cluster of rookies to be eased in after the Gallys have a couple of years of experience.

Habcentric

Jan 24, 2013
Here is the only problem i have... What do we need upgrades on, and how long do we need them? In the pipeline i think we have some real good prospects who could be making the jump up to the team. If you look at it right now with Pacs comming back we have too many fowards and already have too many D. I think we should wait until we see a glaring hole or injuries to even consider trading anything right now.

CocoPops

Jan 6, 2013
If I had to go with one of the listed, I would go with Leblanc, I reckon he could end up on an NHL team, he has talent, but I don't think the Habs need him.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
Remove Leblanc from list?

Can Gally play LW? Then we can have

Gallie - Chuckie - Colbie?

Or you prefer

Gallie - Chuckie - Ellie?

bigtimehockeyfan999*

if kristo was the only RW we had i'd still trade him....so kristo for me.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Neither.

However if it was a MUST, it always depends on the players value to us along with the players value to the other team.

If putting collberg over kristo makes the other team ask for less quality pieces, then yah, it has to be considered.

Basically like someone offering me 15k for a 20k car and someone offering me 50k for a 30k car. Even if I like the one that's 30k, its much more logical to sell that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad